HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Offical Team 2"Buckhammer Prostaffers" Thread
Old 11-25-2004, 03:27 AM
dvdegeorge
Typical Buck

Default RE: Offical Team 2"Buckhammer Prostaffers" Thread

Congradulations JohnDeerI have been having a rough time here for Ny's gun season.Saw about 15 doe opening AM and then nothing since,until last Pm,hit a new area and saw a small doe and had her bed 20 yards from my stand.Then just before last light I worked my way down to the edge of the green field because I thought I saw a deer there from my stand.I no sooner got to the edge and there is a shooter buck running a doe!They run back into the high golden rod and a few seconds latter back out,I pull up on him and my scope is fogged and wet from the driving rain [:@]I dry it off and just as I get on him off they go again.I deceide to move closer but don't see them ,so I back off because the wind was bad,I wait along the edge in hopes they apear again.5 min. latter out he comes angeling away from me ,then he stops and faces me at about 100 yards,again dam scope wet and foggy,dry it of and get on him as best I can in the fading light and foggy scope,Boom I shoot,he buckles and starts running straight at me,favoring his left side,I can't get on him good and his passes 30 yards from me DAM SCOPE AND RAIN[:@][:'(]He runs straight into 7' goldenrod and I don't see him anymore.Now it is getting dark fast ,I did a scan for about 15 min and couldn't locate him,It seemed he was hit good I was expecting him to drop any second.I am getting ready to head back out to try to find him in the daylight,that golden rod is so thick and high I could have walk 5' from him and not seen him.I'm hopeing for the best,but the way my luck has been running I'm expecting the worst.I'll post back and let you know the out come.Good luck all and happy Thanksgiving