HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Gun) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/deer-hunting-contest-2004-gun-53/)
-   -   Offical Team Buck Snipers (1) Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/deer-hunting-contest-2004-gun/72414-offical-team-buck-snipers-1-thread.html)

wihunter402 09-16-2004 05:50 PM

RE: Team 1 Buck Snipers

Hey Jbra, I hope you don't mind that I told everyone here about your deer. I was just pretty excited that someone got one in the other contest. Again congrats for that and I can't wait to see a picture.:D Oh and you gotta love that 7mm. My son uses one. I have in the past but it just kicks too much for me. We reload so they get pretty heavy. I use the trusty 30-06. Do you reload for yours. We use Hornaday 162 grain with cci 250 mag primers and 68 grains of IMR 4831. I know the reloading manual states 60 to 61 as max but we worked out way up to this slowly until the gun started to loose control. Then we backed off a couple. We get about 3100fps with that load. Wish I could get my bow to go that fast.

Jbra 09-16-2004 06:50 PM

if your bow could go that fast there would be no more bow left, or deer.

1dahunter 09-16-2004 07:12 PM

Welcome Davidhardegree we are glad you are here, I think we have got one fantastic team here. A great bunch of hunters! I hope and pray that Ivan doesnt do to much damage or scare off the deer. Once again Welcome and good luck to all!!!!

1dahunter 09-16-2004 07:20 PM

Hey Jbra thats one mighty fine buck, sure glad you are with us. I dont see how we can loose with all the great hunters we have on the team. Good luck all!!!!

Jbra 09-16-2004 09:15 PM

Im going out again tomorrow after work to another place. There are deer that dworf this one if I can get close enough. I just love being out there, especially when the deer are moving.

GroundHunter 09-16-2004 09:20 PM

Wrong weapon Jbra....lol....:D:D ....just kidding. Great deer. Get you another for the gun contest here!! Good luck.

Jbra 09-16-2004 09:41 PM

I cant help it, Im addicted to bowhunting. My dad has not picked up his new bow yet, so he told me I could fill his tag, But it has to be a biggun. So I am going to be patient now. Than when rifle comes along I will do the same.;);)

trophyhuntr 09-17-2004 07:12 AM

Man we got another Ga. hunter, Hey Hardigree what county are you hunting?

MKMGOBL 09-18-2004 08:52 AM

MK-M-GOBL - Finally get a chance to check in! Sorry everyone for being last one here to check in. I'll be hunting NH, VT, MD and WV this year. I signed up at the last minute so I need to find the general rules for the contest. I've got a good feeling here in NH this year and as always a great feeling for MD. Good luck to all...............MK-M-GRUNT

1dahunter 09-18-2004 09:41 AM

Welcome MK-M-GOBL we are really glad that you have joined us! We now have a complete team and with everyone here I believe we can take this contest. We have the best of the best right here. Good Luck everyone!!!