HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Gun) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/deer-hunting-contest-2004-gun-53/)
-   -   Offical Team Buck Snipers (1) Thread (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/deer-hunting-contest-2004-gun/72414-offical-team-buck-snipers-1-thread.html)

1dahunter 09-13-2004 11:55 AM

Offical Team Buck Snipers (1) Thread

Im here and ready!

wihunter402 09-13-2004 12:06 PM

RE: Team 1 check In

Consider me checked in. I know I am down for bow only but I am very confident about this season. Good luck to all of you. Where is everyone from?

Team 1
Jbra
1dahunter
davidhardegree
MK-M-GOBL
Lhook
Trophyhuntr
*wilhunter402, Wisconsin Bow Sept. 18

1dahunter 09-13-2004 12:39 PM

Hey wihunter402 I am from Boyceville Wi which is about 65 miles ene of the twin cities. I am feeling really confident this year as my normal hunting area is now a T zone and since I am disabled I am allowed to take a buck in the T zone. I will be hunting the T zone oct 28th thru the 31st then I have a 120 acres that hasnt been hunted in over 30 years down around Adams county I will hunt during the reg gun season. I also bought a new Mossberg .270 with a 3-9x40 tasco world class scope that I can put three shots in 3/4 inch off hand at 100 yards So I feel very confident. Good luck to all!!!

trophyhuntr 09-13-2004 01:43 PM

Im here and from Ga. and ready to go

1dahunter 09-13-2004 02:33 PM

Glad to hear you are with us! I have seen some game cam pics from Georgia and they is some mighty fine bucks there! Good Luck!!!

wihunter402 09-13-2004 04:45 PM

1dahunter, I hunt in Richland county. I have been deer hunting since I was 14 (I'm 39 now). I will be gun hunting this year but unless it is just a monster I will only be shooting does if we still need them for the freezer. We are in the CWD Management zone. That means we are earn-a-buck. My biggest enjoyment comes from bow hunting which is why I am in for the bow only. I have a few decent bucks on the trail camera. Here are a couple of them. Also is a group of 4 I saw from the cabin in July. We have 80 acres but we have way too many deer on that. Last year we shot 6 doe and 1 buck. This past May my father saw 7 fawns with 4 doe all at the same time. Guess everything we shot was replaced. We also have seen up to 14 deer in one small field (about 10 acres). I know not everyone believes there are alot of deer but on our property there is. Luckily we have the time to take some. Between 4 of us this year we are planning on 7-8 doe and 4 bucks. Makes for a lot of good eating. We also make our own sausage which is a lot of work and fun.

Sorry to ramble. Oh and I vote for 1dahunter as captain. As for team names I have no ideas.

lhook7 09-14-2004 06:22 AM

All systems go here in Texas. I'm ready for November 1st; now if only the deer will cooperate.

wihunter402 09-14-2004 06:32 AM

Team 1
Jbra
1dahunter
davidhardegree
MK-M-GOBL
lhook7, Texas November 1
Trophyhuntr, Georgia
*wihunter402, Wisconsin Bow Sept. 18

Let's try to get everyone to fill this out so we know where we all are from.

1dahunter 09-14-2004 11:04 AM

ORIGINAL: wihunter402

Team 1
Jbra
1dahunter Wisconsin Oct 28th-Oct31 Nov 20th-Nov28th Dec9th-Dec12th
davidhardegree
MK-M-GOBL
lhook7, Texas November 1
Trophyhuntr, Georgia
*wihunter402, Wisconsin Bow Sept. 18

Beautiful Pics wihunter402
Welcome lhook7 and good luck to all!!
Let's try to get everyone to fill this out so we know where we all are from.

1dahunter 09-14-2004 11:22 AM

Any volunteers for team captain?
We need suggestions for team name.

wihunter402 09-14-2004 06:15 PM

Any volunteers for team captain?
You up for it? Since only a couple have checked in I vote for you. You seem to be someone who is checking the boards often. I am already captain for the Lucky 13 in the bow contest.

I don't know if this contest will get going like to bow contest has but I am sure it will be a good time. It is a great chance to get to know a few of the other board members.

As for team name, since it is a gun contest how about something like: "the sharpshooters" or "the snipers". Just a couple of ideas. Go with what ever you all decide on.

Good luck to all.

1dahunter 09-14-2004 07:00 PM

I will give it a shot if no one else wants it but its all new to me, never done this before. I like the name snipers how about Buck snipers? Just a suggestion.

wihunter402 09-14-2004 07:21 PM

Buck snipers sounds good to me. Don't worry about it being new. This is all new to me as well. Just have a good time with it. I am having more fun this season then any other to date.:D

1dahunter 09-14-2004 07:50 PM

Ok so far its Buck Snipers any one else?

Hey wihunter402 how did you get that lucky 13 logo and how do you post it?

wihunter402 09-14-2004 08:46 PM

PAHunterJen created it for us. As for putting it in the signature that really is not too hard. You load the picture up into somewhere like www.photobucket.com. Go to my profile at the top of the page. Find the signature section and put in [img]then the web address here[/image2] without the 2 in the /image2. I really am not too good with graphics so I hope someone else on the team is. If we get someone to create one for us I can get into more step by step instructions if needed.

The more I think about it the more I like the "Buck Snipers". I know I am in this for bow only but I have taken most of my deer with a gun. I am NOT one of those bow hunters that thinks gun hunters are inferior. I will be gun hunting this year for my 25th year in a row. I just do not plan on shooting bucks. I will be using the gun only to thin out more does if we have not done a good enough job by the time the season gets here.

Anyway this is all in fun and I would only like to add that I hope everyone on this team keeps it honest and has a safe season.

Jbra 09-14-2004 11:07 PM

Sorry it took so long for me to check in, been really busy at work. I am hunting in nebraska kind of all over the place. Archery season opens tomarrow, so I might not be on for a while. Leaving work early to get out in my stand, following it up this weekend with a grouse hunt. This is my favorite time of year. Good Luck to all

1dahunter 09-14-2004 11:34 PM

RE: Team 1 Buck Snipers

Welcome Jbra we are glad to have you with us. Good luck!!!!

trophyhuntr 09-15-2004 07:52 AM

name sounds good and the captains pick works for me

1dahunter 09-15-2004 10:11 AM

Well I will accept team captain but I have never done it before so if any one has any advice please shoot it my way.

1dahunter 09-15-2004 11:37 AM

Ok this is the team logo unless someone has a better one? Its the best I could do with Print Master. I am not very creative but I figure a bad one is better than none.

wihunter402 09-15-2004 06:06 PM

Hey 1da - That is a pretty cool logo. I will be adding it soon. As captain of Lucky 13 in the bow contest I am only planning on voting if there is a dispute about something. Otherwise just keep checking the boards and see if anyone has any questions or concerns. Also make sure everyone checks in. If someone doesn't in the next week then email or pm them to see where they are.

Thanks for the logo.:D

1dahunter 09-15-2004 06:16 PM

Wihunter glad you liked the logo I was a little apprehensive about it but if you like it thats good enough for me. I thought about waiting a few more days then I will email or pm them. Thanks for the advice!

trophyhuntr 09-16-2004 07:04 AM

ready for the season here is one from last year

1dahunter 09-16-2004 07:48 AM

Hey trophyhunter man am I glad you are with us. That is one Mighty fine buck, you definately live up to your name! I hope I will be able to score on one even close to that would be nice.

trophyhuntr 09-16-2004 07:53 AM

another

1dahunter 09-16-2004 09:16 AM

Aw man trophyhunter now ya done it I have been pumped for the last two weeks and now you done gone and blew it for me now I got the fever bad!!!!! The worst part of it is season dont open here till oct 28th I dont know how I am gonna make it till then. You definately live up to your name! With everybody we got here we should be able to take 1st place easily. Thanks for the pics of those Trophy Bucks.

1dahunter 09-16-2004 10:22 AM

Team Roster

Jbra**********checked in***Nebraska
1dahunter*****checked in***Wisconsin
Davidhardegree*checked in Georgia
MK-M-GOBL**** checked in New Hampshire
Lhook*********checked in***Texas
Trophyhuntr****checked in***Georgia
wihunter402****checked in***Wisconsin

Team Buck Snipers all present and accounted for!

wihunter402 09-16-2004 12:31 PM

Hey guys Jbra just checked in on the bow site with an 8 pointer. He got it with a bow and it doesn't count here but it sounds like a nice deer. He said he will have pics and story up tonight. You might have to look for it later.

Jbra now all you have to do is scout for the GUN season.:D

Jbra 09-16-2004 03:08 PM

There are 3 monsters on the that I shot my deer last night. I couldnt pass this one up, I will be trying for the big ones with my 7mm mag. I will be back on after Im done with work with a pic

davidhardegree 09-16-2004 04:05 PM

Team Roster

Jbra**********checked in***Nebraska
1dahunter*****checked in***Wisconsin
Davidhardegree *****checked in***Georgia
MK-M-GOBL
Lhook*********checked in***Texas
Trophyhuntr****checked in***Georgia
wihunter402****checked in***Wisconsin

Sorry it took so long. Ivan is kickin' our rear ends and knocking of cable (internet). I'm slingin' arrows for now, but will start up in Oct. with Rifle.

wihunter402 09-16-2004 05:50 PM

Hey Jbra, I hope you don't mind that I told everyone here about your deer. I was just pretty excited that someone got one in the other contest. Again congrats for that and I can't wait to see a picture.:D Oh and you gotta love that 7mm. My son uses one. I have in the past but it just kicks too much for me. We reload so they get pretty heavy. I use the trusty 30-06. Do you reload for yours. We use Hornaday 162 grain with cci 250 mag primers and 68 grains of IMR 4831. I know the reloading manual states 60 to 61 as max but we worked out way up to this slowly until the gun started to loose control. Then we backed off a couple. We get about 3100fps with that load. Wish I could get my bow to go that fast.

Jbra 09-16-2004 06:50 PM

if your bow could go that fast there would be no more bow left, or deer.

1dahunter 09-16-2004 07:12 PM

Welcome Davidhardegree we are glad you are here, I think we have got one fantastic team here. A great bunch of hunters! I hope and pray that Ivan doesnt do to much damage or scare off the deer. Once again Welcome and good luck to all!!!!

1dahunter 09-16-2004 07:20 PM

Hey Jbra thats one mighty fine buck, sure glad you are with us. I dont see how we can loose with all the great hunters we have on the team. Good luck all!!!!

Jbra 09-16-2004 09:15 PM

Im going out again tomorrow after work to another place. There are deer that dworf this one if I can get close enough. I just love being out there, especially when the deer are moving.

GroundHunter 09-16-2004 09:20 PM

Wrong weapon Jbra....lol....:D:D ....just kidding. Great deer. Get you another for the gun contest here!! Good luck.

Jbra 09-16-2004 09:41 PM

I cant help it, Im addicted to bowhunting. My dad has not picked up his new bow yet, so he told me I could fill his tag, But it has to be a biggun. So I am going to be patient now. Than when rifle comes along I will do the same.;);)

trophyhuntr 09-17-2004 07:12 AM

Man we got another Ga. hunter, Hey Hardigree what county are you hunting?

MKMGOBL 09-18-2004 08:52 AM

MK-M-GOBL - Finally get a chance to check in! Sorry everyone for being last one here to check in. I'll be hunting NH, VT, MD and WV this year. I signed up at the last minute so I need to find the general rules for the contest. I've got a good feeling here in NH this year and as always a great feeling for MD. Good luck to all...............MK-M-GRUNT

1dahunter 09-18-2004 09:41 AM

Welcome MK-M-GOBL we are really glad that you have joined us! We now have a complete team and with everyone here I believe we can take this contest. We have the best of the best right here. Good Luck everyone!!!