Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Gun)
 Offical Team Buck Snipers (1) Thread >

Offical Team Buck Snipers (1) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Gun) All posts regarding the Rifle Deer Hunting Contest 2004 go into this Forum.

Offical Team Buck Snipers (1) Thread

Old 10-07-2004, 07:13 AM

Default RE: Offical Team Buck Snipers (1) Thread

things are getting real interesting here in Ga., lots of rubs and scrapes
Old 10-07-2004, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

If bow hunting were as easy as just go to the woods and shoot a deer many would not bow hunt. Just hang in there. The big thing I have learned this year is to TAKE MY TIME. I used to rush everything. Just slow down and wait for the shot to present itself. Good luck to you.

Oh and I love the quote of the pumpkin parade. I will have to use that sometime.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:16 AM

I agree, things are getting interesting in GA. I put out a climber last night that I got this weekend. I can't wait to get out there this weekend.
Old 10-07-2004, 10:51 AM

We are the best team on here with the greatest hunters!!!! Good luck to all of you but mostly be safe and have fun
Old 10-08-2004, 06:28 AM

should be a great weekend
Old 10-09-2004, 10:25 AM

Well, I climbed in the stand well before daylight. Once settled in I started sweating. Not the sweating you do when it's hot out. I felt funny. I was a little higher up than usual, but that wasn't it. Oh yeah, it was last nights pizza and it was about to come back up. Fellas, I blew chunks all over the place. There was still no light and my morning was ruined.

... or was it?!?!? I couldn't believe it, but no more than 15 or 20 minutes after the chunk blowing episode I heard something pass in front of me probably 20-25 yds. out. I could not see what it was. My field of view only extended maybe 10 yds. And then it would only be a dark sillouette. Well, I wasn't completely settled. I didn't have my calls or rattle bag out. So, I couldn't have tried to lure it back.

After several hours in the tree I eased down and moved my stand to another tree where I had seen some trails earlier about 100 yds from the previous spot. Once it was locked on I started out of the tree line when I saw one of the largest rubs that I have ever seen. The tree was slightly, just slightly, smaller than a 4x4 post and the rub reached completely around about 2.5-3 ft. tall. Hopefully I can talk my wife into letting me borrow the digital camera that I bought her so that I can take some photos.
Old 10-10-2004, 07:48 PM

I had a great exotic hunt this weekend. I was going after either a big axis or fallow. We spotted a great axis and were stalking him when we came across a herd of mouflon rams and there was one I just could not pass up. He is going to look great on my wall.

Old 10-11-2004, 06:42 AM

doe got whacked with the smoke pole, had to do it 110 lbs
Old 10-11-2004, 08:25 AM

Good job. 25 more days for me.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:09 AM

Hey all, Well my weekend was a complete bust! The 120 acres private land didnt belong to the lady that said I could hunt it. She sold it when her husband passed away and the present owner informed me that she isnt all there (senile) she only owns 1 acre that her house sits on so its gonna be public land for me. I do have an advantage though oct 28th thru 31st is a Tzone which is doe only well since I am disabled I can take a Buck then so hopefully while everyone in the woods blasting does some big ole bucks will come by me. I have been out to the range enough that if a Buck does show he will be mine!

Quick Reply: Offical Team Buck Snipers (1) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.