Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 No official entries yet? I know why!! >

No official entries yet? I know why!!

Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

No official entries yet? I know why!!

Old 09-26-2004, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default No official entries yet? I know why!!

They are all scared of team 4!!!!! Go ilneeickypa-eh what ever the heck are name is!!!!!!
Old 09-26-2004, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No official entries yet? I know why!!

Whats the hold up here? We have had two or three deer killed and none entered. Is there a time limit on how long we have to turn in the pictures and score? It only takes 10 minutes to score a deer. Lets get it going guys.
Old 09-26-2004, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

theres no date to enter them in its probably just that tehy have work and other things holding them up. givem time
Old 09-26-2004, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Whats the hold up here? We have had two or three deer killed and none entered. Is there a time limit on how long we have to turn in the pictures and score? It only takes 10 minutes to score a deer. Lets get it going guys
I perfectly agree.It dosn't take long to score a deer,maybe even a friend or family member can help out.I just dont see what the hold up is.Only thing I can think of is trying to get the pics developed[]
Old 09-26-2004, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually, I am waiting on a official score since I potentially have a book deer. Its not as simple to get a acurate score. If thats the case I know there will be many stretches to what the deer actually scores. Such as rounding up to the next 8th of inch instead of down. Taking the time to get the smallest reading on the h1, h2 etc. instead of just anywhere. These are things the official scorers do that I hope self scorers will do as well. Be patient there is a whole season ahead.
Old 09-26-2004, 12:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think the contest is looking for exact scientific results on the score of all the bucks. I would say as long as they are accurate to within an inch or two its close enough for the contest.

As for Tribal he has to get his officially scored anyways, I would have waited if I were him also.

But you other 2 slackers need to get crackin!!!!
Old 09-26-2004, 02:36 PM

Isn't there like a 6 week drying period for official scores?
Old 09-26-2004, 02:53 PM
Typical Buck

The dry time for P&Y is 60 days.I'm not in this contest,but I've been watching for results.If no exceptions to rules are allowed two of the deer could be disqualified.One forgot to include his tag in the picture,and the other left out his bow.That could come down to the judge's on a decision.Good luck to everyone.I wish I could have gotten in on the contest myself,but I fell for the NO MORE TEAMS WILL BE FORMED statement that Rob had made.No big deal,it is all for fun.I'll be watching for your entries.
Old 09-26-2004, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Alot of the time when you have a "book" deer you will have it green scored and then an official score once the 60 day drying time is up.

Ohio I am not sure why everyone is having a hard time following the pic posting rules. They were stated over a month ago. Rules are rules and they need to be followed if one wishes to enter their deer into the contest. After these first few, maybe we need to start a new post reminding everyone of them????
Old 09-26-2004, 03:54 PM
Dominant Buck

Not all states require a tag. That would be an exception to the rule but everyone has to have a bow.

Quick Reply: No official entries yet? I know why!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.