Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 No official entries yet? I know why!! >

No official entries yet? I know why!!

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

No official entries yet? I know why!!

Old 09-26-2004, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No official entries yet? I know why!!

What do you mean two could be disqualified... Get it STRAIGHT.. THEY DONT EVEN HAVE PICS IN THE OFFICIAL SCORE POST YET... So HOW could the be DISQUALIFIED?

Give them a break...
Old 09-26-2004, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hope you aren't refering to me. I by no means want any one disqualified or implyed that any one should be.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:28 PM
Fork Horn

7. You must have a pictured posted on the contest page within the Official Score Card thread to enter a deer. The buck must have a tag visable(if tags apply to your state), the bow must be in the picture and the entire deer must be in the picture, no skull pictures, no rack pictures...the buck, the bow, the tag and yourself must be in the picture.....call me skeptical.

9. You must enter the first bow kill antlered deer you get.....second buck for you lucky states will not count.

There was no offical time frame for an entry, however there have been a few harvest and pictures presented in other threads except the for the OFFICAL THREAD SPECIFIED.

IMO, maybe there should have been a specific time frame from the time the deer was harvest to have it entered. In any case that replies to rule #11. All disagreements, controversies and conflicts will be decided on by a majority vote from a panel consisting of Team Capt's and moderators participating within the contest. Those decisions will be final.

Happy Hunting
Old 09-26-2004, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

No it wastnt you, it was Ohio
Old 09-27-2004, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

The buck for Lucky 13 has been scored but the pictures are in a friends camera. The friend has not yet developed the film and as soon as he does pics will be posted. That is the reason for the delay. I guess everyone needs to realize it is only the end of September. Some have not even started to hunt yet. Some are in earn-a-buck (myself). Give it time. What is the hurry?
Old 09-27-2004, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

That was one rule I would have liked to have seen added. A number of days a contestant has to entry his deer. I think it would be cool to actually click on the score link and see what everyone has done thus far. It kind of sucks having to wait 2 months for a rack to be "officially score" in a very unofficial contest. Stretch the tape for a rough green score tally and post it?!? I'm just real curious to see some numbers. I didn't want to have to wait until sometime in Feb to see who actually won the contest. That is exactly the scenerio we are going to be faced with IF everyone wants to wait for "official" drying when it is NOT required for this contest at all. Who cares if a person is a couple inches off, I just don't believe this contest is going to get down to 1/8" incremnets to determine a winner? Lets see some bucks! Good luck to all
Old 09-27-2004, 10:36 AM

Archery hunting is all about Patience. Patience, everyone. The scores will come and all will work itself out in the end.
Old 09-27-2004, 12:29 PM
Typical Buck

My ifo came from the hunters threads and photo's.One hunter stated in the excitement he took his photos before he attached his tag.The other hunter stated he forgot to put his bow in the pictures with him.I hate to see anyone buck not be allowed.I'm not an official or a contestant,just an observer.As I stated originally that will be up to the folks in charge to decide.Hopefully everyone else is now awear to make sure of the details in the rules.Hopefully things will work out.I by no means want anyone to be disqualified but was trying to bring to light that details could be factor.Good luck to all.