Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Another Saturday passes and no blood?? >

Another Saturday passes and no blood??

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Another Saturday passes and no blood??

Old 09-22-2004, 04:55 PM

Default RE: Another Saturday passes and no blood??

ORIGINAL: jerseyjoe

Do me a favor Atlasman, keep your ethics to yourself..
You didn't find it necessary to keep your lack of ethics to yourself.

If you are gonna post crap like shooting a deer in the neck with a bow on purpose then you have to accept the fact that it might not be greeted with smiles by all.

After shooting bows in competions for 13 years "YOU GET TO BE GOOD AT SHOOTING WHERE YOU AIM."
Famous last words............what exactly were you aiming at??? You can't tell anyone here that you are so certain of your ability that you can smack a neck artery on a live animal every time.........your only other choice is the spine and that is a gamble at best. You are first guessing that you know EXACTLY where the spine is (about a 2" target assuming you even guess right on) then you can never be sure your shot won't glance off the spine or the deer won't flinch even an inch.

You aimed at the center of her neck and hoped for the best...........as it turns out you killed her...........well you know what?? I can steer a car with my feet........but it doesn't make it a good freakin' idea!!

Your margin for error is little to none and your downside is tremendous. You would be hard pressed to find even one reputable source in print that would recommend a neck shot to bowhunters.

What's next???.............stories of "aiming" at the femoral artery or maybe a Texas heart shot??

[:'(]

BTW...........I shoot the eyes of my McKenzie targets when I get bored.............should I shoot the next deer I see in the eye because I "know" I can do it??
Old 09-22-2004, 04:58 PM

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

In other words............you had no shot.

Dropped her in her tracks... I'm ready for antler.......

The death of the deer doesn't make the shot a good one.

What if his story was that the deer was injured and unrecovered??..........would you think it was a good shot then?
Old 09-22-2004, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jesus H. Christ man! Leave your arguementative attitude out of this forum!
This one is suppose to be fun.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:41 AM

ORIGINAL: BOWFANATIC

Jesus H. Christ man! Leave your arguementative attitude out of this forum!
This one is suppose to be fun.
Shooting a deer in the neck with an arrow is fun??
Old 09-23-2004, 08:08 AM
Typical Buck

Don't waste your time replying Bowfanatic. It's not worth your effort or mine... Good luck to you this season.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:31 AM

I won't start getting worried until it's the end of November and there aren't any buck onthe board. As the weather cools and the leave start dropping the deer will start to fall. Trust me
Old 09-23-2004, 09:00 AM

ORIGINAL: jerseyjoe

Don't waste your time replying Bowfanatic. It's not worth your effort or mine... Good luck to you this season.

Translation..........you know what you did was wrong and did it anyways. Your reasons may be sound (confidence in your skills) and your results may be positive (kill) but in the end it is nothing more then a gamble.................a gamble with a horrific down side.

Like I have already stated.........you won't even find a single reputable source to recommend a neck shot with a bow. That should tell you something.

Save your neck shots for gun season [:'(]
Old 09-23-2004, 09:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

atlasman & jersey joe, this is not the forum to be discussing ethics, either move it to the Hunting Politics forum or via Private Message if you cannot follow the guidelines of the Forum Posting Rules....thank you for your cooperation....
Old 09-25-2004, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

What are you guys worried about?

Man.. I havent even started BOwhunting yet.. I cant start till OCT 1st.. And there are alot more on here that cant start till then or later even...

SO dont talk about us not shooting deer.. WE HAVNT EVEN STARTED YET