Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread >

Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 04:43 PM

Default RE: Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Going to put out my game-cam tommorrow guys. Hopefully ill have a few big buck pictures to post in a week or so. You guys may have already seen it, but heres a picture of "the one that got away" from last year.
Old 09-11-2004, 08:05 PM

ok.....for some reason now i cant see the picture.......i hope you guys can, if not tell me and i'll work with it
Old 09-11-2004, 08:50 PM

PIC STILL NOT COMING UP......guess the pic gotta way too......LOL

our opening day was today....didn't see anything this morning and saw a doe and two yearlings late this afternoon.

I thought the day was gonna end without me seeing a thing but it felt good to at least see them.

Heading out in the morning, hopefully tomorrow will be the day.
Old 09-11-2004, 09:19 PM

now the pic is coming up for me. I dont know what the deal is, im not that experienced posting them on here. But anyway, i can see it well, i hope you guys can
Old 09-12-2004, 06:54 PM

hey. i shot him outside of pingree, north dakota population 65. went to orens's neighbors house and it took us a whopping 20 minutes to get there. lots of open land! check it out on the web if you'd like @ bisonranch.com. good time good food great host for the hunt!
Old 09-14-2004, 09:37 AM

Just trying to keep our thread up top. Anyone seeing any good bucks? I saw a nice one saturday while doing a little scouting. I have a stand set up on an island of trees in-between two corn fields. The cornfields have an old grassy waterway inbetween them that lead to the island. There is heavy timber on each side of the waterway and the tree island is at one end of the waterway. Needless to say this is a heavy used deer highway. Anyways, as I was going to the stand to put up a camera I looked down the trail and a buck was coming right at me. He didn't see me at first but once he did he put on the breaks and ran about 50 yards back down the trail. Then what happened I had never seen before, he came right back towards me to within 25 yards, stood there and stomped for a while then walked back to where he came from. All I can figure out is that he has been walking this same path for some time and was determined to get on through past me. He would have been a shooter but one side of his rack didn't develop, 5 points on one side wider than his ears but only one spike about 10 inches long on the other. This was at 11:30 am so I figure he was trying to get back to his bed and I was in his way. Cool experience non the less.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:09 AM

Been seeing 2 nice 140 class bucks in the bean field every evening earlier in the summer. The beans have browned up some, and haven't seen them there for about a week now. I was checking the weather, and the wind is going to be perfect for tomorro evening's opener. I am gonna sit there and see what happens.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:05 PM

How did your opener go Mobow?

I went out and climbed this evening......had a yearling come out at 6:30 and feed through a trail watched it about 5 minutes. Then at 7:00 I had a doe and another yearling come in and feed for about 15 minutes. While I was watching them I looked to my left and saw a buck watching them feed. It looked like a cow horn spike (best i could tell). Well the buck ended up going up to the doe, yearling trotted about yards and went back to feeding and the buck was sniffing on the doe and chasing her around a bit. It felt good watching all that was going on, but I can't believe the bucks are starting to do that this early.......It has been a little cooler here lately with all the hurricanes, and weather from them we have been having? I gues that is what is doing it.
Old 09-16-2004, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

The little spiker was probably just curious. I wouldn't think this has anything to do with the rut or start of the breeding cycle. He's young and dumb!
Old 09-16-2004, 11:19 AM

Well, I didn't get us any points, but I whacked a big doe. Very Exciting!! She was only about 3 yards.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.