Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread >

Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Old 09-08-2004, 08:46 AM

Default RE: Official Team Arrow Slingers (22) Thread

My vote is for the magazine style as well, not taking anything away from the other one, it is very good as well. I like the Exclusive Buck Pole Forecast....
My only question is, how do I start using it??
Old 09-08-2004, 09:29 AM

Default RE: Official Team 22 Thread

We need to decide how long we can wait on buckem......I don't want to get rid of a team member but we only have a certain time frame to replace them. I will admit all of you have a better chance at bagging a much larger buck than me but I will still try my a$$ off for the team. I just want us to have all the help we can get.

Old 09-08-2004, 10:26 AM
Fork Horn

Logo Test
Old 09-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've got just about everything ready. Just planted the food plots last weekend. This weekend I'm gonna check the plots and make some mock scrapes, and I need to start gettin all my clothes washed and aired out. Also need to shoot my broadheads and make sure they're flying with the field points.

I've been running a cam for most of the summer. I've got pics of lots of does and fawns. Land owner said he's seen an 8 or 10 pointer that is tall and wide. Haven't got any film of him yet but hopefully on this next roll he'll show up. I haven't had to time to scout the other two places I hunt but have a good idea of what the deer usually do and where they show up at certain times of the year. Should be a good year. THe crops around here are starting to come out, so hopefully by Oct. 1 most the corn will be out so the deer won't be able to hide in em.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:53 AM
Fork Horn

I've done a little scouting so far this year. I just got a lease in northern Wisconsin that hasn't been hunted in about 4 years, plus there is only one other guy on neighboring properties that hunts and he practices QDM. The only problem is the 3 hour drive. So most of my scouting will be in-season which may not be the best thing. The last 3 deer shot off of this property were a 130 class 8 point, a 130 class 9 point and a 160 class 12 point which was over 4 years ago. So there has to be some toads in there. Next year I plan on putting in a few acres of food plots...Just not enough time this year.[:@]

Bow is shooting excellant and everything is all set for the Sept. 18 opener. Probably will focus on taking a doe in the early part of the season and hopefully the big boys will be moving once the rut gets going.

Good Luck ArrowSlingers!!!
Old 09-08-2004, 11:01 AM

Well, I just killed my first deer with a bow last season, but it really inspired me. I have done A LOT of work in the off season to prepare, and am more than ready for the Sept. 15 opener. I have been seeing a couple of 140 class 10 pointers on the place, so who knows, maybe I'll get lucky.The other farm I hunt, we are going after does mainly this year to better balance the herd, but there are some really good bucks there as well, and one thing is for sure, if one walks by 35 yards or closer, he ain't gonna get any bigger..[8D]

When a logo is decided, someone let me know how to use it.....

By the way, who is our team captain?
Old 09-08-2004, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bldtrailone was the first to check in, so I nominate him!
Old 09-08-2004, 12:58 PM

Motion seconded......

All in favor.........?
Old 09-08-2004, 02:35 PM

I
Old 09-08-2004, 02:46 PM

has anyone's season started. October 1st can't get here soon enough.

Quick Reply: Official Team "Arrow Slingers" (22) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.