Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "The Shafts" (11) Thread >

Official Team "The Shafts" (11) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "The Shafts" (11) Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 10:24 AM

Default RE: Team 11 Thread

How many members have we had sign in? 3 or 4?
I agree with WV Hunter Nubo your tha man for tha job. I'm all for you being capt.
And hey don't count us out yet. West GA has produced some mighty big bucks. Top of the Georgia list in 2003 season.
[>:][>:][:'(]Still I don't really understand why the rest of the team hasent checked in yet. Kinda makes us look bad.[:'(][>:][>:]
Old 08-26-2004, 10:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Did I get the boot or did doublelung misspell my screen name?

team 11
Trock63
misoryman721
Sumhunter
Royak
Pinesap
Bowdaddy
PAhuntr ???
Nubo
Stalker22
WVhunter
Old 08-26-2004, 12:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

PA...I hope that is you, and he messed up your name. We can use all the help we can get. I don't think we'll be getting much out of the person named PAhntr... considering he has 0 posts. LOL

I don't care what name we choose...you guys pick it.
Old 08-26-2004, 02:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would think PAhuntr would have at least one post if he registered for the contest .We'll have to check with Double lung on this .I've PM'd all the members and haven't got any response from some of the other member's.

nubo
Old 08-26-2004, 02:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

I already checked in the sign in post, the other name doesn't exist in the thread and doesn't have any posts to speak of at all, I amended the Team Thread to include Frank into Team 11 because he did sign in as member 144 or something like that in the original contest sign up.
Old 08-26-2004, 03:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team 11 Thread

O.K. Guy's! we have 3 names picked out give them a vote . Whoever get's the most votes is the name we'll go by ,I like them all and I think I'll vote "The Shafts" I really like this one

Now if someone can come up with a team Logo that would be great ."Any offers"?

1}Kickass
2}Stickem once
3} The Shaft's

Nubo
Old 08-26-2004, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey nubo,for what its worth i like the SHAFTS.Good thing there is an alternate list of guys wanting to play,might just have to dig into it.
I think they picked the right guy for team captain---congrats
GOOD LUCK guys
Old 08-26-2004, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank's Jason! I appreciate the vote of confidence ,I might need it but I'm determined to get the team together and I'm willing to put in the time . Do you have any idea's for me on a team logo .It doesn't say anything in the rules that another team can't help out another .LOL

John
Old 08-27-2004, 06:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Guy's I've been informed by Double lung that Frank PAbowhntr is on our team. Frank can you send me your e-mail address so I can pass along any information necessary.

nubo
Old 08-27-2004, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nubo...thats cool we got Frank! Now if we can just get some of the others to show up!
I'd say we have to at least give them 2 weeks from the day the teams were announced before they get the boot. People get real busy sometimes and this is the last thing they have time for.

As far as the team name....I like The Shafts unless someone can come up with something better. I can't be much help with a logo though.

Let's start introducing ourselves to the rest of the team. I know we have a few folks that have been around a while, but a bunch are new to the board.

Anyhow...I'm 37, married, with 2 kids. I have been bow hunting seriously for about 15yrs. I live in the mountains of VA, and hunt both in VA and WV. I own 38 acres (where I live) and also we have a small hunt club that leases almost 1000 acres from a family member in WV. Both are decent places to hunt to get a deer, but the areas I hunt are not known for big bucks. A good one where I am would be 110". I'm sure there are bigger around...just not that many. There have only been 5 total p&y entries ever, from the 2 counties I hunt. Man I get jealous hearing about these guys passing 130's, but I have to play with the hand I'm dealt. I guess when I take that p&y....it will be like taking a b&c in these other areas I can't wait !!!!

I've killed alot of deer with a bow, but exactly 0 good bucks. I haven't actually shot a buck with my bow since '97. In '98 I decided that I was done shooting small bucks and would hold out for a mature buck only. From that point on, I became the doe master [8D]...while holding out for a wall hanger. I'm hoping this will be my year to get him. I've seen a few nice ones around...now I just need it all to come together for me.

I usually get a decent amount of hunting time in during the season...but this year may be a little different since I will be starting a new job soon. I have no idea what my schedule will be like.

So thats it for me in a nutshell. Lets hear from the rest of our team!

GO TEAM 11!!!! We may be underdogs, but we're gonna put it on em!!

Quick Reply: Official Team "The Shafts" (11) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.