Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "The Unknown Elements" (17) Thread >

Official Team "The Unknown Elements" (17) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "The Unknown Elements" (17) Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 05:27 PM

Default RE: Team 17 Thread

HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM AHUNTER55!!!! I WONDER WERE HE CAN BE !!!!!! ITS GETTING DOWN TO THE DEAD LINE , [][&o][][&o][][&o]
Old 09-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Spike

Default RE: Team 17 Thread

i think ahunter55 posted to one of the poll forms just not team page bowhunter80 is MIA though !!
Old 09-06-2004, 07:16 AM

Default RE: Official Team "The Unknown Elements" (17) Thread

Hey guys, looks like I've been added to this team from the alternate list. I don't get to spend a whole lot of time on the computer, but that's because I'm in the woods. That is a good thing, right??

Anyway, a little about myself. I'm 38 years old, and this is my 27th season. Started with a bow at age 12 and since no one in my family bowhunted, or hunted much at all for that matter, I'm pretty much self-taught. I've managed to take a few over the years.

I hunt Ohio and New Jersey, mostly bow hunt, and use a compound (Mathews) and a Sky Archery recurve. I also do a little muzzleloader hunting, but mostly love bowhunting. I have a new wife and two kids as of a few months ago, and tend to work too much, but will manage to get out some this year.

Good luck to all.
Old 09-06-2004, 10:31 AM

WELCOME TO THE TEAM!!! THATS A GOOD THING YOUR NOT ON THE COMPUTER ALL THE TIME . A HAVE ALL MY STANDS UP JUST WAITING FOR OCT.11 IT S A MONTH AWAY .I JUST CANT WAIT GOING CRAZY IVE TAKING SOME DEER BUT NOT LIKE SOME YOU SEE FROM THE MID WEST ALL WE CAN DO IS ARE BEST. ITS IN FUN,AND I THINK IT WILL MAKE EVERONE WANT TO PUT THAT LITTLE EXTRA EFFORT IN.BECAUSE WE ALL CANT GET ONE THATS WHY ITS CALLED HUNTING. GOOD LUCK AND HOPE TO SEE YOUR POST SOON
Old 09-06-2004, 04:37 PM

You're not the guy getting cameras off me are you? Sounds similar, busy all the time and hunts Ohio and NJ.

Welcome to the team. Should make for a fun season.
Old 09-06-2004, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

Welcome to the Team NJ, hey don't feel bad it's not about posting to the thread this time of year...lol
Old 09-07-2004, 06:13 AM

ORIGINAL: T_in_PA2

You're not the guy getting cameras off me are you? Sounds similar, busy all the time and hunts Ohio and NJ.

Welcome to the team. Should make for a fun season.

Yep, that's me Todd. Can't wait to see them. Hey, since I'm a team member, can you make me the model that sprays the knock-out gas when a big buck trips it. And make the setting for tripping the spray about 140 inches P & Y. That's adjustable, like the delay setting...right?
Old 09-07-2004, 06:20 AM

I've been squeezing in a few minutes of practice each day for a while now, and am more than ready for Saturday's opener. Last night I matched my arrows to my Thunderheads, and have them flying dead on out to 30 yards. In fact, my Thunderheads, and field points hit on top of each other at that distance on in to 5 yards. At 40 yards, my groups open up a little to about 4 inches, but I don't shoot deer that far anyway, just practice at that distance to make the 30 yards shot seem easier.

I'm also trying spitfires this year, but they seem to fly consistently 2 or 3 inches to the right of the Thunderheads, and they have some wobble in them. The bow is paper tuned, and my arrows fly pretty with Thunderheads, but the spitfires seem to wobble. I've never used them for hunting, and only shot them for the first time the other day, but a buddy bought me a pack to try because he thinks I'm missing something by not using them. I'm not impressed.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:38 AM

No chit, that's pretty wild we got teamed up. Thing is I know you're too busy to hunt so you might as well turn over the Ohio hot spots to me.

2nd camera will be done this week. Part got shipped out Friday.

Here's a recent pic a buddy up north sent to me. Same setup as yours.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:24 AM

LOL. Now that's quite a shot. Don't worry about Ohio, I'm sure I'll make time to get out there. I have a few decent spots, but the vegetation is so thick, and not many fields, so it's tough to tell what is there. We should have a few nice ones around though.

Quick Reply: Official Team "The Unknown Elements" (17) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.