Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread >

Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 01:12 PM

Default RE: Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread

Good luck dw. I hope to get out tomorrow morning and then Saturday night. I haven't ANY time to hunt this week, but hopefully the next couple of weeks will be different. Good luck all.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i went out this evening to see if i could see the buck. I didn't see him, but I found a new scrape that wasn't there earlier in the week. Hopefully he will come check it out when I'm in the Summit looking down on him.
Old 10-21-2004, 10:23 PM
Typical Buck

Best of luck to you guys tomorrow morning - and over the weekend! - I will not be getting out this weekend - was out last Sunday morning and had several does behind me - about 40 yards with no shooting lanes. - note to self - cut some holes to shoot through to the trail west of that stand!

Most of the corn is still in, but it is starting to come out so.... it is almost time to play!

Good luck to all - Mike
Old 10-22-2004, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys. I'm not sure of a way to get the video online. Unfortunately it was the greatest footage. My gf was taping it, and she was zoomed out pretty far trying to get both of us in the picture(which she did) rather than on the deer. But either way, it was pretty cool to see and hear the "Twack" and the deer running away.

It's pretty doubtful I'll be able to get out and hunt this weekend. But a week from tomarrow starts my hunting trip out in Western Kansas, for 9 days. I'm getting pumped to go out there after the big bucks I watched and nearly connected with a few time, last year. Good luck to you guys going out this weekend. Hope you guys get a big one.
Old 10-24-2004, 11:20 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys.
I have been spending quite a bit of time in the woods but havn't seen a shooter yet. If you check out the bowhunting forum you will see a nice pic of my sons first deer. He made a good shot and put meat in the freezer for us so now the preasure is off and I don't have to ruin my stand site.
The time change is next Sunday so this will be the last week I can hunt after work[&o]. Just no daylight left in the day.
Well good luck to all and shoot big ones!!!
Old 10-24-2004, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

well no bucks, but I did shoot a pretty good sized doe last night. I will post pics and the story when i get some batteries for my digi cam. Good luck guys.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:27 PM

I had two oppurnunities on Saturday to take a doe but came up empty both times. The first was during the moring and with the wind, light rain, and wet leaves i couldnt hear the deer coming from behind me and they snuck through my shooting lane behind me before I could get a shot.[:@]

That night I was at full draw waiting for her to step out from behind a tree and she spotted a cat in the creek she was walking to causing her to walk straight up the hill, right out of my range.[:@]

Oh well
Old 10-27-2004, 05:21 AM
Fork Horn

No Shooters yet 4me. I am leaving Friday afternoon to head to our lease in Illinois.
I can't wait to get there. Hopefully I will come back with a good one to give us some points.
Wish me luck!
Scott
Old 10-27-2004, 06:00 AM

Good luck dmax. I'm going to head out of town tonight for an evening hunt. There are a ton of deer in this area. I hear the bucks are bumping the doe around. Not heavy, but enough to get them moving. So maybe I'll get a shot at a nice buck. Good luck to everyone.
Old 10-29-2004, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I leave tomarrow morning and heading out to Western Kansas. I will be gone for 9 days. I'm very anxious to see the land and do some scouting. Hopefully I can get a chance at a big mulie or whitetail, last I did last year a couple of times. I'm taking my video-camera along and am going to take a lot of footage. I love the open prairie land. Good luck to you guys. Talk to you all later!

Quick Reply: Official Team "Non-Typical" (3) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.