Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow)
 Official TEAM "USA Hawg Hunters" (16) Thread >

Official TEAM "USA Hawg Hunters" (16) Thread

Community
Deer Hunting Contest 2004 (Bow) All posts regarding the 2004 Deer Hunting Contest go into this Forum.

Official TEAM "USA Hawg Hunters" (16) Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 03:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official TEAM "USA Hawg Hunters" (16) Thread

Didn't know you were in southern MD. I just returned there from the holidays. Where abouts? My brother-in-law and I took the kids out to Calvert Cliffs State Park for a hike yesterday. Beautiful day in the woods......
Old 11-27-2004, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

mrfritz44
- I used to bowhunt Calvert Cliffs many years ago, pretty park. Try Flag Ponds or the American Chestnut Lands trust for more of the same, wife and I have hiked them all. You haven't lived in So MD until you picked up a shark's tooth at Calvert Cliffs (and eaten hard shelled crabs at one of the local eateries). I am in western Charles Co, well off the beaten path of commuter hwys.
-fsh
Old 11-28-2004, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

fshafly2, congrats thats a beauty of a buck.
Old 11-28-2004, 05:55 PM

Hey fellas your rockin now. Congrat's fly. Got a question ??? Feeder is empty every time I check it(2weeks). I've got tracks galore but I set every Sat. or every other Sat. and that's it, so I know I'm not tracking it up. Game cam keeps getting nothing but clear blue sky and it's pointed right at the feeder, the times and dates are always different on the film. I about at wits end with this spot, any help would be helpful as I want to do my part for the team. Thanks.. Onemred
Old 11-28-2004, 07:32 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: onemred

Hey fellas your rockin now. Congrat's fly. Got a question ??? Feeder is empty every time I check it(2weeks). I've got tracks galore but I set every Sat. or every other Sat. and that's it, so I know I'm not tracking it up. Game cam keeps getting nothing but clear blue sky and it's pointed right at the feeder, the times and dates are always different on the film. I about at wits end with this spot, any help would be helpful as I want to do my part for the team. Thanks.. Onemred
Trail cams are tricky...just know that there are critters eating your feed. Get off the feed 200 yards along a good trail if you can and wait. Secondary rut will be kicking in and the does and fawns munching on your gourmet will show themselves with love hungry bucks following them. There aren't but about 9.5 hours of daylight now and the deer will move alot at dark. Be as close as to where they are coming FROM as possible...not where they are going. Be patient and you'll score. Good luck!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-28-2004, 07:34 PM
Typical Buck

fshafly....great job man!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome!!
Old 11-29-2004, 08:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

fshafly, congratulations, that is a great deer and a beautiful photo. I have it entered and you boosted your teams score tremendously, great job.
Old 12-17-2004, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

Who's doing what?
Old 12-17-2004, 08:02 PM
Typical Buck

Fellas - r u still trying or are your seasons over? I am still out there in the woods with the bow - tonight my partner spotted the 15 ptr we scouted pre-season. Nice to know he survived the shotgun season, but I wouldn't mind if at all if my pard could tag him. Good luck you guys.
-fsh
Old 12-17-2004, 09:04 PM

Hey guy's, not a whole lot happening up here these days. Been going out each weekend but have seen nothing but a Coyote, Turkeys and Squirrels, hunting our known late season hot spots and a new spot with no luck at all. Still have the rest of December to stick one yet. We got a nice one on Christmas Eve a couple of years ago, so I still have hope yet. Good Luck to those still going out. Should have the woods all to myself now, everyone around here will be going ice fishing.

Quick Reply: Official TEAM "USA Hawg Hunters" (16) Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.