Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Crossbow recommendations >

Crossbow recommendations

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crossbow recommendations

Old 05-20-2020, 05:24 AM
Fork Horn

Center point and Killer instinct bows are just fine and will lay a deer out just as dead as the expensive ones. That Center point 415 link posted and the KI Hero 380 go for $300 and are all you need. I have a KI 350 and the safety went bad and they gave the shop near me an entirely new trigger/safety to replace it. The same trigger as the 380 and what an improvement! So good Customer Service also. Think of this, my buddy has an old excalibur recurve crossbow. Its a nice one, but older and slower. He shot a buck with it and the bolt went through and buried 6" into a walnut tree to never be removed. It could have went though three deer with that much energy. So think about how much bow you really need as these two here have more energy.

Since you can't go to a shop, Lancaster archery sells a lot of stuff online and I'm sure they would probably help over the telephone right now. They also post a lot of youtube videos show the bows they sell with various arrows and broadheads and which are the most accurate. A lot of advice is probably sitting on those videos for you to watch. Call them, what do you have to loose, except maybe a bad decision without pro help.

A dampening systems is not going to quiet the crossbow, if that is what you're thinking.
Old 05-20-2020, 05:35 AM
Fork Horn

Actually I was wrong on the archery shop, Borkholders Archery was the shop I was thinking of.
Here is their video on the Hero 380
and they don;t look like they sell Centerpoint

Last edited by archeryrob; 05-20-2020 at 05:37 AM.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BOWHUNTERCOP
There is no need to spend alot of money on a very good reliable crossbow. The money saved I would opt for better optics.

I have two Centerpoints, and no issues at all !!!

My most current one is the Centerpoint 415 Patriot which is sold at Walmart, but they come under two other model names: Amped, and Heat, all three are the same no difference. I replaced the scope that came with it with a Hawke Sports Optics 1.5-5x32 XB1 SR Illuminated #12221 it's speed rated about $170 maybe less,another decent scope is a Centerpoint Illuminated Scope that isn't speed rated about $50.00 the quiver replaced with a Kwikkee Kiver, the supplied bolts I use to discharge only, for sighting in and hunting I use Victory Decimators with Lighted Nocks three for $30.00 from Dick's Sporting Goods. I had the trigger adjusted so now it's 2.5 lb pull with a 1/8" creep, the bolt retainer was replaced (not necessary) with a brush retainer. For a good price on the Centerpoint 415 click on the link below, add your email and once in stock they will contact you, three friends did it last month and got them a few weeks ago
https://northwoodsoutlet.com/product...-415-crossbow/
I shoot a Centerpoint Amped. Just bought it this spring. Like you, I replaced the scope with the same scope by Hawke, I shoot Bloodsport bolts and 125 grain Rage Hypodermics.With my set up, I chronographed it at 355 fps. Can't wait to take it deer hunting this fall.
Old 08-02-2020, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

best price around
https://northwoodsoutlet.com/product...-415-crossbow/