HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Crossbow recommendations
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 05:24 AM
archeryrob
Fork Horn

Center point and Killer instinct bows are just fine and will lay a deer out just as dead as the expensive ones. That Center point 415 link posted and the KI Hero 380 go for $300 and are all you need. I have a KI 350 and the safety went bad and they gave the shop near me an entirely new trigger/safety to replace it. The same trigger as the 380 and what an improvement! So good Customer Service also. Think of this, my buddy has an old excalibur recurve crossbow. Its a nice one, but older and slower. He shot a buck with it and the bolt went through and buried 6" into a walnut tree to never be removed. It could have went though three deer with that much energy. So think about how much bow you really need as these two here have more energy.

Since you can't go to a shop, Lancaster archery sells a lot of stuff online and I'm sure they would probably help over the telephone right now. They also post a lot of youtube videos show the bows they sell with various arrows and broadheads and which are the most accurate. A lot of advice is probably sitting on those videos for you to watch. Call them, what do you have to loose, except maybe a bad decision without pro help.

A dampening systems is not going to quiet the crossbow, if that is what you're thinking.