Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
String and Arrow Info >

String and Arrow Info

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

String and Arrow Info

Old 12-03-2019, 11:32 AM
Spike

Default String and Arrow Info

Hey,
I searched at barnettcrossbows.com, no strings, no Recruit Recurve and very little info on what crossbows they listed. Amazon, very little.
Where would be a good place for a string for the Recruit Recurve and what would the proper length be?
Amazon/J and D Custom Strings seem scary. (according to reviews)
At Barnett they have (NO) arrow info, just the price and a picture. Walmart has more product info than Barnett or Amazon.
Any link in the right direction would be a great help.

thanks for your time,
michaelclyde
Old 12-03-2019, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

have look and see if you can find your model
in the owners manual should tell you string length, and about any decent bow shop an MAKE you a new string!
and as for bolts, again, your owners manual will have what size you need ! and they too can be had at about any GOOD bow shop

https://www.thecrossbowstore.com/Bar...nett-16199.htm

https://www.60xcustomstrings.com/bar...ready-to-ship/
Old 12-03-2019, 05:57 PM
Spike

Thanks for the info and links. I was waiting to order the Recruit when I got as much of the needed items rounded up as I could. So, I don't have the manual yet. Hopefully there's one included.
Just checked online and found the Recruit Compound and a few of those "Give your credit card and you can have it" sites but no Recurve. All Barnett had was a Universal crossbow guide and a couple of Recurve diagrams. I tried twice to get them on the phone - nada.
I wonder if this is a sign about Barnett and their products. It's hard to know.
I'll check out those links you gave me.

thanks again
Old 12-04-2019, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

if you want a recurve crossbow,m why not buy from another maker if you seem to have issue's with barnett, several others make them\
and honestly WHY are you set on a recurve bow any how
the advantages IMO,. of a compound x bow with its narrower limb design, is way more user friendly!

and you should never IMO< be buying parts and add on's to a BOW you don;t even have, as if you fail to get one, the parts will all be wasted funds, as you will never get back what you paid for them?

and no offence, but if I was buying a recurve X bow, I'd be looking at, Excalibur Crossbows, they been in the game a LONG time, great reputation and history of good customer service!
Old 12-05-2019, 09:28 AM
Spike

Hi there..
If you are looking for a recurve crossbow, There are some pretty cool crossbow makers other than barnett.
You can search for recurve bow like these:

Southwest Archery Tigershark Take-down Recurve Bow

Southland Archery Supply Take-down Recurve Bow

And to me, Amazon always has been a safe spot. So far i have never encountered a bad experience with Amazon...
Old 01-15-2020, 07:26 PM
Spike

Sorry about the delay, my notify settings were set wrong..
My only issue with Barnett was the lack of info on their website.
I rounded up items I would use/need to go with something to hopefully get everything arriving at the same time. Never said "Buying" items.
I did take your advice and bought a compound instead of a recurve xbow. Rounded up Arrows, better string/rail lube etc ... so everything arrived within 3 days of each other.
Best Part - Walmart sent me (2) Barnett Gamecrushers, when I called they said "Keep both and Merry Christmas". Thank you Wallyworld. Now selling (1) in classifieds.
Thanks again for your recurve/compound advice.
michaelclyde
Old 01-15-2020, 07:28 PM
Spike

Thanks for your input. I went with a compound xbow.

michaelclyde
Old 08-23-2020, 03:31 AM
Spike

thank you very much