Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Tenpoint Scopes

Old 08-24-2019, 10:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default Tenpoint Scopes

Does anyone else have problems with the scopes for zero? I never seem to have luck with them. Shooting my mom's Wicked Ridge and trying to zero it. Started at 20. Good. 30 good. I put it up for a couple days. Shot again yesterday evening and it's way off. Same procedure. It's good again...

I got so tired of it I replaced my scope on my tenpoint a couple years ago because of the same reason as itwould never hold zero. Yes, I check everything and make sure it's tight and locked in.

I'm stumped.
Old 08-25-2019, 05:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

Your problem may be parallax , I just replaced one because of that , I got a Tact 100 because the parallax is set for 30 yards not 100/ the way to check for it is to move your eye around behind the scope with the crossbow at rest on something [I use my rifle bench rest] if the crosshairs appear tp move that is the problem.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:10 AM
Typical Buck

I have owned two Tenpoint Xbows in the past twenty some years and have hunted with them every year and have never had any issues with their scopes. To be honest with you, once I dialed them in originally, I have never had to adjust them once. I may have just been lucky, but that has been my experience.
Old 08-27-2019, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

I have always heard good things about 10 point and their package deals.

It's possible you just got unlucky twice in a row?

-Jake
​​​​
Old 08-27-2019, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

All it takes is a good bump sometimes the one I had to replace was close to 25 years old and had given good service for many years.
Old 08-31-2019, 05:45 AM
Typical Buck

Maybe I am just unlucky. Who knows. But just carrying it from inside the house to the backyard and shoot it. And then again a couple days later and it's nowhere near. That's a little problem.
Old 08-31-2019, 05:32 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JGFLHunter
Maybe I am just unlucky. Who knows. But just carrying it from inside the house to the backyard and shoot it. And then again a couple days later and it's nowhere near. That's a little problem.
Yep, that's definitely a problem.
-jake