Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
CE varmint interceptor crossbow ? >

CE varmint interceptor crossbow ?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

CE varmint interceptor crossbow ?

Old 08-30-2019, 12:44 AM
Spike

Default CE varmint interceptor crossbow ?

What is your opinion about the carbon express varmint interceptor crossbow ?
I plan it as a replacement for a cheap man kung compound bow I sold recently. Bought it six or 7 years ago, when I didn't know better.
While it was rather decent design and quality for the money (about 200 bucks then), it was just good for short-range backyard shooting.
It had no picatinny rail, and two adjustable pins as seen on compound bows in the nineties.
Anyway, I think this varmint hunter is adequate for my purpose. I don't hunt big game, so 305fps and 80ft-lb is not a concern.
To put it into perspective, 80ft-lb is more then average for a hunting compound bow.
And to mention it, bowhunting is illegal anyway in the country I live in.
At most, I would shoot at varmints in the orchard, but mostly target shooting at 30 to 60 yards.

BTW, I'm new to this forum, and this is my first post.
There seems to be no introduction corner like in others, so I do it here.
I'm Frank, living in Austria/Europe (no kangaroos), and enjoy archery in several variants for a few decades now.
The crossbow section of HuntingNet seems quite competent, and suffer less from contempt of vertical bow hunters ...
Old 09-08-2019, 11:48 PM
Spike

The bow is fine so far. Very good quality, easy to assemble, with the scope already pre-installed and zeroed in. It even came with some extras in tha package - a cocking winch, and wired remote control keys for the lamp and the laser pointer mounted on the scope.
It is quite compact and light, what I was looking for.

My only problem are the bolts. The bow has a label stating a minimal weight of 390 grain, and the 3 "varmint interceptor" bolts that came with it had that weight. I haven't sourced an european dealer yet that either distributes this bolts, or has a similar 16" bolt with a proper weight. Most other bolts fall about 40 to 50 grain short.