Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Barnett Jackal for "extra/backup" >

Barnett Jackal for "extra/backup"

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Barnett Jackal for "extra/backup"

Old 05-29-2014, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default Barnett Jackal for "extra/backup"

I was in a discount store today (Essex) and got lucky I suppose, I bought a new Jackal "RTH" kit in box for $150! (Back in Feb I caught a Diamond Infinite Edge kit behind the counter for $210. I gave it to my youngest son for his 14th birthday a couple of weeks ago and he's already drilling bullseyes with it at 15-20yds and he can't wait for this fall!) I figured WTH, it's worth that. I guess I'm a bit of a "10pt snob" as I LOVE my trusty ol Titan TL-4 but for $150 I figured it's worth having this one in the equipment closet for my boys if they want to use it one weekend or even a few of my buddies that hunt with me on occasion. I suppose I'd carry it in the woods if something were to suddenly happen to my 10pt one day and I couldn't get it fixed that right then.

I put it all together tonight and it all fit and works fine including the 3dot red/green scope. But I haven't shot it yet, hope to fling a few bolts out of it tomorrow. It's certainly alot lighter and more compact than my ol Titan but its obviously not built like the TP either. I see these things on sale for $350-$400 and I wouldn't pay that much for it but at this price plus a 30day $ back policy at the store if I don't like it, what's not to like?

Anybody got or had a Jackal? The box say 315fps, what can I realistically expect it to throw 20" carbon bolts with 100grn broadheads? Opines?
HL
Old 05-30-2014, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

Well I flung a few bolts thru the Jackal this afternoon, MAN it's considerably faster than my old TL-4, even after having my TP converted to synthetic cables earlier this year. Noise wise, the Jackal is pretty loud but it has zero dampeners or silencing on it yet! It actually surprised me how smooth the trigger & overall shooting of it is.

I must admit I'm pleasantly surprised with it.