Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
bad scope or bad bow? >

bad scope or bad bow?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

bad scope or bad bow?

Old 09-25-2013, 12:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rjhans53
per lance at parker service, Yes the bolts free float at the end of the rail
Funny, neither of the 2 Parkers I owned had a floating arrow syndrome.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

neither does my panther, but the tomahawk which does seems to shoot just fine
Old 09-30-2013, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

Its a very simple fix. Either buy Excalibur or Ten Point. They are the only way to go and cant expect the same performance out of cheaper and poorer grade equipment. Im sure someone on here wil tell you about their Parker or some Wal Mart brand Xbow they have that they shoot great groups at 60yds but I have shot 99% of all brands out there as a close friend of mine's Dad owns a bow shop. I know it doesnt pay for everyone to think alike or purchase alike for that matter and that everyone's budget and tatse is different but Im telling you right now that if you want true performance and deadly accuracy those are the only 2 ways to spend your money. I am not affiliated with either one in any way other than hunting and having shot them. Just my $.02 but with the cost involved in Xbows these days why risk it on anything else.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:47 AM
Fork Horn

On my Wicked Ridge Warrior HL, The bolt's lay flat on the rail.First time I shot it, I didn't set the string right, and it miss fired. Second time, I shot it I was able to shoot it correctly, I got in the pretty close to my target, I forgot to do my breathing tectonic. And I was really excited shot for an hour. The scope needs a little tweaking, I will be tweaking it tomorrow just right before I start hunting. Good luck to the OP on getting his bow fixed.

And good luck to everyone who is Bow and Xbow hunting tomorrow!