Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Decent crossbow scope >

Decent crossbow scope

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Decent crossbow scope

Old 01-07-2013, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default Decent crossbow scope

I purchased last year a Stryker 380 crossbow and it had on it a scope,
so to speak, I'm looking to upgrade and sort of like the multiple rings stacked one on the other. I figure I'm in the $100 to $200 range. Will that get me where I want to be. What do you guys shoot and how do you like them. Thanks!
daddus
Old 01-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had to switch from a compound to a cross bow several years back. The set up that i bought had a ballistic compensated style of reticule. It worked fine but was difficult to see clearly in low light. So this year I switched to a 3-dot (lighted dots). For me that was a mistake and I never became comfortable with it. I missed 2 deer with it ... missing both high .. 1 at about 17 yards and the other at about 30 yards. Killed one after missing these two, but the shot was also high. For whatever reason I could do fine with a target, but not on live deer. So I bought a Nikon BC scope designed for cross bows. Once sighted in on a target, I had zero issues placing shots on deer .... clean killing 4 that I shot at. From about 15 out to about 35 yards.

I figure that my missing had nothing to do with the 3-dot scope, but rather I just do better with the more familiar cross-hair sight picture.

I will add one thing. I am not a big fan of Nikon rifle scopes for the $$$, but this cross bow scope ? While it may be identical in optical quality to one of their rifle scope lines ... it seems brighter, clearer, and crisper than even the Monarch scopes that I once had. And the BC marks are darned close to the specs. I can shoot with confidence well in low light conditions.

Last edited by Mojotex; 01-10-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 01-09-2013, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Mojo for the input!
daddus
Old 01-13-2013, 08:39 AM
Typical Buck

I bought one that Excalibur Xbow sells. You set it for your arrow speed it has 4 sight planes 10 20 30 40 yds paralaxed to 50 yds 4 x very clear. You sight in at 10 yds and all other sight planes of set. I really like this scope. Excalibur Varizone Scope 119.00

Last edited by Johnmorris; 01-13-2013 at 08:42 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Johnmorris
I bought one that Excalibur Xbow sells. You set it for your arrow speed it has 4 sight planes 10 20 30 40 yds paralaxed to 50 yds 4 x very clear. You sight in at 10 yds and all other sight planes of set. I really like this scope. Excalibur Varizone Scope 119.00
John, I like this scope as well. I've had several of them and just sighted one in yesterday on my y-25. They are 2.5x by 4x variable power scopes. They work well because changing the power [speed ring] changes the spacing between the chevrons, which go from 30-50 yds, the crosshair being 20 yds. No matter what you do to the speed ring, the crosshairs stay the same.

The 10 yd aim point is not adjustable, but it's only 10 yds, lol. The proper way to sight one in is 20 yds for crosshair and 40 yds for chevrons. you get both of those 'on' and then check your 30 and 50 yds. The closer you get at 40, the smaller amounts of adjustment work well.......
Old 01-16-2013, 01:02 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Johnmorris
And it is warranted for a very very long time!
Old 07-16-2013, 05:08 AM
Spike

Default Cross bow Scopes

Premium Barnett Red Dot Scope is a nice scope affordable too. $70-$100.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

Varizone is the way to go. Never had a better scope on a crossbow than this one.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

Another + for the Vari zone scope