HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Decent crossbow scope
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 03:02 PM
Mojotex
Nontypical Buck

I had to switch from a compound to a cross bow several years back. The set up that i bought had a ballistic compensated style of reticule. It worked fine but was difficult to see clearly in low light. So this year I switched to a 3-dot (lighted dots). For me that was a mistake and I never became comfortable with it. I missed 2 deer with it ... missing both high .. 1 at about 17 yards and the other at about 30 yards. Killed one after missing these two, but the shot was also high. For whatever reason I could do fine with a target, but not on live deer. So I bought a Nikon BC scope designed for cross bows. Once sighted in on a target, I had zero issues placing shots on deer .... clean killing 4 that I shot at. From about 15 out to about 35 yards.

I figure that my missing had nothing to do with the 3-dot scope, but rather I just do better with the more familiar cross-hair sight picture.

I will add one thing. I am not a big fan of Nikon rifle scopes for the $$$, but this cross bow scope ? While it may be identical in optical quality to one of their rifle scope lines ... it seems brighter, clearer, and crisper than even the Monarch scopes that I once had. And the BC marks are darned close to the specs. I can shoot with confidence well in low light conditions.

Last edited by Mojotex; 01-10-2013 at 02:05 PM.