Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Excalibur Vixen ll >

Excalibur Vixen ll

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Excalibur Vixen ll

Old 11-20-2011, 07:16 AM
Spike

Default Excalibur Vixen ll

Going to give crossbows a try as opposed to my compound. Im trying to read as much as possible to learn about these things. I was drawn to this bow because its made for the smaller hunter. Just wondering if it really matters with crossbows if a smaller bow is needed? Our friends sporting store is having some good deals on Excaliber crossbows except the Vixen.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good choice,you cant go wrong with Excal!
Old 11-21-2011, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think there's only 1/2" diff in stock length on the two Vix's. My 10 yr old can c0ck his Vix. The Excal site will have the info on them.

I read you have friend w/ store, but call Danny Miller, USA warranty rep for Excal at [740] 483-2312, nicest guy in the world and often has trade ups or downs that folks changed their minds on models, lol. All have factory warranty.

My buddy up in Mo has already whacked 5 w/ his Vixen, he posts here too.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hello, been wandering about & got a an urge to come online here. Vixen's are very good models. Its abit smaller than the other models & lighter. I find them fantasic & i hunt wid mine. Think i have killed a couple deer wid it through the yrs
Old 12-27-2011, 10:50 PM
Spike

Your height isn't a too big of a factor. Unless you are under 5'4". You can handle any crossbow up to a Ibex.(according to the excalibur website)

So the Vixen should be good for you,

I have a friend who is 5'5" and he can pull my Ibex with minimal effort, with a the rope c0cking aid obviously.

Despite that these crossbows have rather heavy drawing weights all the models under 200# seem to pull very smoothly, so if your using the right technique and have a c0cking aid, they are rather easy to pull once you get used to them. I find that the Vixen can be pulled by just about anyone who can get enough range of motion, generally as said on the excalibur website anybody over 5'. And with the rope c0cking aid it hardly feels like 150# and your only pulling for 13.5"

But the easiest/best thing may be to just go to the store and try pulling the vixen and some other models to see how it feels and pick the one you are comfortable with.