Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
wife's horton tacoma limb and stock break!!! >

wife's horton tacoma limb and stock break!!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

wife's horton tacoma limb and stock break!!!

Old 09-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default wife's horton tacoma limb and stock break!!!

back in august i bought me and my wife a horton tacoma each, i had to send mine in for a cracked limb after i tried to **** it. horton sent me a new front end and it has been good since, now my wife was shooting her's for the first time yesterday and after about 20 shots i heard a loud pop. i checked and both limbs are cracked, when i removed the front end i noticed a crack in the polymer stock where the cables fit thru, and a crack at the screw hole above the trigger. we are shooting 20" 2219 arrows with 100 grain tips.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by boomer92266
back in august i bought me and my wife a horton tacoma each, i had to send mine in for a cracked limb after i tried to **** it. horton sent me a new front end and it has been good since, now my wife was shooting her's for the first time yesterday and after about 20 shots i heard a loud pop. i checked and both limbs are cracked, when i removed the front end i noticed a crack in the polymer stock where the cables fit thru, and a crack at the screw hole above the trigger. we are shooting 20" 2219 arrows with 100 grain tips.
Wow, 2 Cb's that broke limbs like that? That's crazy. I would be seriously questioning Horton about this. I'm sorry to hear that. My first CB was a Horton Team RealTree HD175. Luckily I had no problems with it. I shot that for a year, sold it and got most of my money back out of it and put the cash towards my Excalibur Vortex recurve that I have now. Maybe time to go with an Excal. That sure doesn't seem right. Did you buy these CB's new? Sounds like Horton has some kinda of defect or design flaw with that particular CB. I also hear they are making some of their parts in China now. Seems that would even be a safety issue? Glad no one was hurt. Hope things work out for you.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

i bought both new, and hope horton takes care of her like they did me. so far the new front end has been doing great. i don't like the plastic sight bridge tho, it really gives when i install a scope with that stout spring.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Fork Horn

That being said with most HP things they can break no matter what the brand.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Spike

Oh no now Hortons and Barnetts are all junk
Old 09-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Fork Horn

they are not junk, bad bows slip thru from time to time with anyone. with the high demand for crossbows all company's quality control is going to slip up every now and then. the real test of a company is how they take care of the problem, horton so far has been fast and excellent in that department and i would not hesitate to buy another. thanks
Old 09-16-2011, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

the bow came in today, the stock is brand new with a metal sight bridge. the front end had the limbs replaced, and they sent me the sound stoppers. one thing they did do wrong was installed the quiver bracket too tight and one screw hole is completely stripped out the screw will just fall in it. my wife doesn't like hip quiver but that may be her only option. if anyone knows how i can fix this let me know, a bigger screw won't work as it could crack the polymer stock. overall i'm happy with horton service but don't know what to do about a quiver, thanks.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

I understand what you are saying, but to have two in a row go bad like that is not a good sign. I learned my lesson two years ago when I sold my ten point and bought the Barnett Predator. I had major problems with that bow from the get go and ended up buying a new Tenpoint titan a week before the season started. Its all good as I got an eight pointer that bow season. Luckily I had used by credit card when purchasing the Barnett, so the re-seller had to take it back and gave me back my money.