Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Horton Vision 175 or Ten Point Titan HLX >

Horton Vision 175 or Ten Point Titan HLX

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Horton Vision 175 or Ten Point Titan HLX

Old 04-14-2011, 02:05 PM
Spike

Default Horton Vision 175 or Ten Point Titan HLX

I am an avid compound bow hunter but I'm new to crossbows. I have narrowed the search for my first crossbow down to the Horton Vision 175 or the Ten Point Titan HLX. I am interested in what everyone has to say about these two crossbows. Both feel good in my hands so I'm having some trouble deciding which is the "right" choice. Also, should I be concerned that the Titan is only rated at 300 fps? Thanks for any input you can provide.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

I have the Horton Vision 175. Very compact. Cost is why I chose it over the Ten point. A friend just bought the Ten Point but I do not think he has shot it yet. I bought the Bone Collector arrows with quick spin vanes and they appear to be faster then the supplied arrows or even the Horton arrows I had from my other crossbows. With the Horton Vision you have to use the supplied ****er as there is no way you can pull it back by hand.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:52 AM
Spike

Default Thanks

Thanks for the input Omega45, much appreciated.
Old 04-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

That is a no brainer decision. Ten Point is head and shoulders above Horton. Ten Point's may cost a bit more but you get what you pay for is never more true.
Horton is a decent crossbow but doesn't come close to comparing to a Ten Point!

I strongly suggest you make a phone call to David at Wyvern Creations.
603-659-0575
You'll get nothing but the straight facts and invaluable information No hard sell , no bullshiete. Best phone call you can make!

Last edited by OneBear; 04-15-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-15-2011, 07:36 PM
Spike

call david get a tenpoint if cost is an issue get a wicked ridge invader made by tenpoint, best crossbow for the money
Old 04-18-2011, 08:09 AM
Spike

Thanks everyone for your input. I went with the Ten Point HLX. Stay tuned.....
Old 04-18-2011, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a Ten Point HLX around Christmas time but haven't been able to try it yet. My obsevation is it's a well made X-bow. I had mistakely ordered it with the Red Dot. One call and they swapped it out for a very reasonable difference in price. They have excellent customer service which means allot to me when I'm buying something. I ordered other stuff from them and received it very quickly. I'm sure the Horton is a good bow. Just from my couple dealings with Ten Point that's the way I would go.

I see you went with the TP. You posted it while I was typing this. Good move.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Spike

Default Thanks

Thanks Ruger Redhawk. I took the HLX out to the range and fired it a few times. Dead on the first shot. Looks like I'll have a lot of fun with this x-bow.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to hear that Earl8. One of these days I need to try mine out.

By the way Welcome to the forum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.