Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Horton Yukon SL. >

Horton Yukon SL.

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Horton Yukon SL.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Horton Yukon SL.

I have a question I hope someone can help with. I bought a Horton Yukon SL years ago. Never used it. Now the wife is going to start using it. I had mounted a scope on it. Awhile back a friend needed to borrow the scope mount that attaches to the bow. I think they call it the bridge. The dial a range gizmo worked fine. I went to re install the scope. Got it all back together and the dial a range does nothing. I have the spring in correctly. Back by the adjustment knob under where the scope goes is a hole.It looks to me like I'm missing a post or pin. That would activate the movement when the dial a range knob is turned. Can someone please shed some light about this.
Thanks.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I called Horton today. They are sending me a replacement post free of charge.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't own a Horton or knowed anything about them cept a few of the model names. Glad to hear they will help you
Old 01-21-2011, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't gotten the part yet but they were going to ship it out. I called about a owners manual and in a few days I had the manual and catalog. It appears they have a real good customer service which is a plus.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Horton will be the 1st to admit that 'Dial-A-Range' [aka dial-a-rage] is a love/hate thing w/ their customers. Quite a few owners have pinned it in one position and use range compensating scopes instead. You may want to consider that option since you have to dig into it. If so, do a search on AT, that's where I saw it last.

The rope c0cker turning the range dial is the culprit. That bow has been around a long time w/ different names.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Awshucks. I got the part from Horton Friday. I put it on last night. I still don't think it's working properly. I don't like it a bit. I think I've figured out how to pin it. Take a longer bolt and a small washer and replace the original bolt with the longer one and pull the bridge down.

I haven't really studied it there might be a better way. I'd like to take that dial completely off. There again I haven't studied it. The scope I have on it is a Horton that has multi lines, that should work fine without that Dial a Range.
Thanks for your comments.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yer welcome! One more tidbit: be sure to pin it in a neutral angle so you don't run out of scope adjustment. One guy used a chunk of broom handle sticking out rings over deck.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wondered about that. As it is now with it cranked in the zero position the scope is still on a downward angle. I assume I want it level? or at least close to level.

Thanks for the info.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've limited knowledge on a lot of things including Horton's, but my Excals have scope mount parallel w/ rail. That's what I'd shoot for.

I had an older 4x Horton scope once, kindly replaced by Horton when it was out of warranty, [kudos to 'em] and could never get it 'on' at various ranges for some reason. IIRC, a friend had given me a used Excal Vixen to sell for him and the scope was on it.

I was 'spoiled' by then w/ the Excal Vari-zones which make that sort of problem go away 'toot sweet', by adjusting poi from 250 - 350 fps from 20-50 yds.

If you don't have a broom w/ 1" diam handle, a slightly smaller one will work if you wedge the top of inside rings to the stick.

edited to add: sending pm

Last edited by awshucks; 01-24-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Replied to your PM Thanks.