Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Rage and crossbows. >

Rage and crossbows.

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Rage and crossbows.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default Rage and crossbows.

This is not a war thread about broad heads.
I have used Rage two blades for 4 years now with no issues and have killed nine archery deer with them.
I still use my compound bow, but last season I bought a 2009 Parker Cyclone crossbow.
I did kill a deer with it last year and I was using a Rage two blade broad head.
With the speed that the Cyclone is hitting ( 350 fps ) I worried about the blades opening in flight.
What I did is take a thin slice of 1/2" heat shrink tubing and put it on the closed blunt end of the blades.
This gave it a little extra tension in the closed position, but still easily opens on impact.
I have shot the broad head this way and it is flying just like my field points, but is opening on impact upon hitting my target bag.
So between the Rages O-ring and the heat shrink tubing, I don't think there is anyway they are going to open in flight, yet it is small and soft enough to pop right off at the target.
Just thought I would share it with you guys.
Here are some pictures.

Old 09-09-2010, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lightbulb

I use Rage 2 blade also with my Excalibur Exocet..love them! I picked up rubber bands that a Orthodontist would use for braces and they work well also...
Old 09-12-2010, 05:24 AM
Spike

Brilliant !!!

Cheers,
Gabby
Old 09-15-2010, 06:59 PM
Spike

I've shot the rage out of 2 crossbows,,the titan,,and my new tac 10,,which shoots 350,,I've killed several deer,,and have shot the rage well over 100 times and have NEVER had one open in flight,,i think its guys either not slidding the tab behind the rubber ring,,or they make a bad shot and need to blame it on something,,or maybe its a rumor started by the competion
Old 09-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

I started this thread and I never had a Rage open early and I just did the heat shrink just as a security measure.
I took a shot Monday.
Did not open in flight, but did open on impact.
Heat shrink did not affect the broadhead at all.
Here is the entrance shot.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

nice deer.... ugly entry wound...AWESOME
Old 09-16-2010, 05:17 PM
Spike

dam dude hope my spitfire does the sam thing well i gust i find out on october 2 stay safe
Old 10-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Typical Buck

Very nice 2robinhood!! Thanks for the info!
Old 10-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

I shot the RAGE heads when they first came out, killed 2 deer with them but got no where near the entrance hole you got.
The blades felt dull compared to my Muzzy's, I was very disappointed. Looks like yours was sharp.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Spike

I have a Parker Buckbuster 175 and just started using the 2 blade Rage this year. I have killed two does so far and haven't had any problems with the blades opening up in flight (that i know of anyway). The holes they make are just amazing!