Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

drtrplum

Old 01-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Spike

Default drtrplum

GUYS,HELP me here !!! I am 58 years old and have taken more buck deer than you have wiped your butt !! I THINK I made a mistake. I have had 2 Horton crossbows over the past 15 years. I just sold my last Horton and purchased a new Barnett Predator. When I recieved it, I noticed the RAIL had a "BOW" in it and the trigger had an eccessive trigger run on it. I sent it back to the factory and talked to a person named " TONY G." He has promised me to make the bow right. I have researched the PREDATOR and seen too much wrong with this crossbow. I really, personally feel some of these guys over did the complaints. You can't shoot bows several times without oiling them and greasing the string and expect them to hold up=. NO crossbow could be this bad ??? Am I right ?? The few days I did hold it in my hands it did feel RIGHT !! I just hope the factory can make it right or I WILL get a refund and buy another HORTON !!!!! I am trying to give Barnett the benifit of the doubt at this time. I am afraid I am one of the people that "fell" for the speed trap !!!! 375 fps
Old 01-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

If you killed as many bucks as you say you have, then you should know that its not about how fast your bow is.
Old 01-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
If you killed as many bucks as you say you have, then you should know that its not about how fast your bow is.
LOL! It's how long it's fast!
Old 01-11-2010, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Never owned one a Barnett that is. Never shot one, never touched such a Beast! Never will, the year warranty should have been a very big clue! I do hope you enjoy it & it holds up well fer that year.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:24 AM
Typical Buck

i feel for you ,but i don't really know how to help you out. i guess all you can do is just wait and see. if it were me i would ask for an entirely new replacement(not just new parts) and to be done fairly quickly-not 2-3 months later because it sounds like a flaw/defect from the factory. i'd also keep calling once a week and checking up so i wouldn't get the run around. if they are trying to get a rep and product then they should be on top of this. i can't honestly dis barnett personally because i guess i am 1 of the lucky few that has never had a problem with one of their xbows(rhino sport mag quad limb) that i have had for about 5yrs. now. it is the first and only xbow i have ever bought. i hope everything works out for you and please keep us informed. i'm sure we would all like to know the outcome.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry bud, too busy wiping my arse.
Actually, I've only bows that don't go wrong Excaliburs or if they do it's a lifetime no questions asked warranty talking, not some guy with a gangster sounding name.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:43 AM
Spike

As for the "bow" in the rail, maybe it's an intentional design feature. Here's the quote from an evaluation of this bow on the "Crossbow Review" website: "The flight rail surface is arched, therefore the string contacts just a portion of it for less friction and less wear."

If it's not a design feature, then your bow isn't the only one with the problem.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can't shoot bows several times without oiling them and greasing the string and expect them to hold up
Actually, I haven't waxed my string on my Excals in about 6 months, lol.

Any form of grease is a bad move on the string or the rail. I know some mfgrs require rail lube, but doubt any are grease based.

I have a can of Jig-a-Loo but haven't tried it yet, others speak highly of it.

My experiences w/ Bnett have been less than stellar. Good Luck.
Old 01-12-2010, 02:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

X2Amen!