Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Hortan 125 pound crossbow help >

Hortan 125 pound crossbow help

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Hortan 125 pound crossbow help

Old 12-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Spike

Default Hortan 125 pound crossbow help

I have a hortan 125 pund crossbow and I went hunting today and shot at a deer but I never found it but did see some blood but still no deer. I shot it at about 60 to 70 yards and did not see the arrow hit the deer bcause it was to far. I went to where I shot at the deer and di not see any blood where I shot but did see blood about 5 to 10 yards in the path of foot prints in the snow. There was only a few drops of blood and that is it. I walked around for a while trying to find more blood about 10 to 20 yards around where I shot it. Should I walk around more and farther and will this 125 pound crossbow shot 70 yards?
Old 12-21-2009, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

a crossbow isnt a 30 06 u should keep your shot to 40 and under, but get out there and look for your deer, u cant find it on the computer.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

X2,well said!
Old 12-22-2009, 03:25 AM
Spike

I know I am going to catch some sh!! for say this but I just cant let it pass.

What in the he** were you thinking
"I went hunting today and shot at a deer "
"I shot it at about 60 to 70 yards and did not see the arrow hit the deer because it was to far." At 60 yards an arrow from that xbow WILL drop 8 to 10 inches at 70 yards and the deer will have time to react to the sound. I started out with a Horton 150 and know it very will and would never take a shoot pass 30 yards. I have upgraded to a Tornado and still don't take a shoot pass 30 some people might go 40 with it,but NO BODY try 60 to70.If you find your buck you should be very thankful. Take the time to shoot you Xbow with a video tape and you will see how long it take for the arrow to get to the target and the arc it takes at that distance.

If you choose to take up this form of hunting do the sport a favor become more informed about a Xbow and it abilities.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 12-22-2009, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

Please read this before you go hunting again.
http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/cros...bow-range.html
Old 12-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Friend fer the speed & power of yer CB 30 yds is a good shot fer it. 60 yds plus shooting deer, i know half dz on CBN think thats just the starting pt. Heck they avocate shooting them out to a hundred yds. Because they have the fastest most powerful poop scooper that can be bought! Most think they're snipers don't cha knowed!
Old 12-23-2009, 08:42 AM
Spike

I did not find the deer and the crossbow has an adjutment on the side of it to set it at 0 for sighting at ten yards and then it automatically adjustes when you turn the knob. It gose up to 90 yards so I set it to 7 for 70 yards the deer did not move fast when I shot they stayed there untill the arrow hit something and then they just ran a couple of yards and stopped again and then finally ran off but I could not see if I hit one and it went running wild they were in a thick brush after I shot
Old 12-23-2009, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Eagles22793
I did not find the deer and the crossbow has an adjutment on the side of it to set it at 0 for sighting at ten yards and then it automatically adjustes when you turn the knob. It gose up to 90 yards so I set it to 7 for 70 yards the deer did not move fast when I shot they stayed there untill the arrow hit something and then they just ran a couple of yards and stopped again and then finally ran off but I could not see if I hit one and it went running wild they were in a thick brush after I shot
The only thing dumber than that shot was posting it on a forum. you've made the whole xbow community look bad. I'm amazed you even hit the damn thing.

W/ an xbow shooting 300 fps, there's a 1" diff per yard at 30 yds. You are not even close to that speed and have way more drop.
That means an inch high at 29 and an inch low at 31. At 50 yds, you are talking feet diff, not inches, let alone 60 or 70.The dial-a-range on those bows are for general reference only. Too much variation from bow to bow, arrow to arrow and bhead choice. You need to do some serious homework, buy a range finder and get some practice and knowledge before you hit the woods again w/ that bow.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:21 PM
Spike

awshucks u are an ass u need to do some homework because how would I make the crossbow community look bad if I shot a doe at 70 yards if anything that is a great thing to put on a fourm and a matter of feet at 50 yards you are crazy I can sight my compound bow at 50 yards and there is not no sight that is a foot long and it is only a 55 pound the crossbow is 125 pound you need to do some homework before you get on here and talk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.