Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
restringing a crossbow >

restringing a crossbow

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

restringing a crossbow

Old 11-16-2009, 09:03 PM
Spike

Default restringing a crossbow

Does any one here knows a way that I can restring my x bow by my self? I am in mexico and cant find any pro that knows x bows. I am sure that I can get a compund bow press here, but still need to know the steps. I do have a new spare string. By the way my crossbow is a tenpoint phantom. tks.

paparrucho.
Old 11-17-2009, 03:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would send the front end to Ten Point and have them
install your new string,you dont want to mess up a great
bow without usein the proper equipment to do the job
the right way!
Old 11-17-2009, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Once you get a press, the rest is easy. With the bow strung but un****ed, mark the location of the cam lobes to your limbs so you can duplicate the string height. Easiest way is to make a mark on the cam amd the adjacent limb with a soft pencil. Press the bow and remove the string. Install replacement string, let press down. Check to see if cams are similarly situated as when old string was on. If not, press again and shorten string by twisting or lengthen by untwisting.
WBT, let bow set for a while after installing a new string, even shoot it, to stretch a new string before adjusting.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

i'd take it to a bow shop ,it doesn't cost much at all. i'd put new string and cables on it ,if its over a few years old.