Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
How bad are Barnett crossbows? >

How bad are Barnett crossbows?

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

How bad are Barnett crossbows?

Old 10-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Banned

Boris, I see you have a "buddy"
Old 10-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Spike

i have a barnett for over 17 years have never had a problem with it untill it blew the cable and now they dont have the steel cable anymore. they are useing the string type now. that is on my rhino classic. i am useing my rc-150 which is about 9 or10 years old and dont have a problem with it cause it still has the steel cable. they need to go back to the steel cable. just my 2 cents worth
Old 10-24-2009, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by StoredEnergy
I had friend who had a Ford explorer blow up on him as well. Good thing Ford doesn't make crossbows or no one would be safe.
On a quiet night, you can hear a Ford rust.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:07 PM
Spike

Barnett crossbows are junk. I am a Sales Associate at MC Sports and we have had nothing but problems with them! The Parker BuckBuster or the Eastman X Force are going to be the best bang for you buck both great bows with high speed for low $$
Old 10-25-2009, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by DaGriz
Boris, I see you have a "buddy"

Lucky me!
Old 11-09-2009, 04:26 PM
Spike

Default barnett crossbows

I Own a barnett panzer crossbow and I am very happy with it shoots straight and fairly quiet for a crossbow. Owned a wildcat(barnett) years ago put a fishing rig on it and shot alligator gar with it. Largest was 5'9" long never had a problem with that one. I shot alot of rabbits with it also. I happen to like recurve crossbows. A few company's make them very high price but suppose to be high quaility. The panzer has been an excellent shooter using it this year for everything, rabbits to hogs and everything in between. I might even try birds. Used to shoot longbow but hand, shoulder and elbow problems have slowed that down, age sucks! LOL
Old 11-10-2009, 04:24 AM
Fork Horn

What blows on the Barnett? The limbs, riser, and string is the only things that go on any bow. I have had to reserve a few strings due to a problem they (mfg) had and corrected. Since Mi is one of the states that now has hunting open to the xbow I have seen a lot of old Barnetts come out and play, none have blown up during the target shooting. One Barnett Predator has severel 100 shots through it and nothing has changed.
Old 11-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

i have a quad 400 barnett,last season i had a string break. that string was 3 years old. i took it to my local shop ,they put a new string on it. they also told me that my string had broken where it comes off the cam and that most all failures were due to sharp edges left on the grooves in the cams on barnett xbows . they filed the edges down and fixed the problem. according to most bow companies you should replace a crossbow string and cables every 2-3 years just as regular maintance. my barnett is faster than the tenpoint i just bought and shoots just as good.
Old 11-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by srwshooter
i have a quad 400 barnett,last season i had a string break. that string was 3 years old. i took it to my local shop ,they put a new string on it. they also told me that my string had broken where it comes off the cam and that most all failures were due to sharp edges left on the grooves in the cams on barnett xbows . they filed the edges down and fixed the problem. according to most bow companies you should replace a crossbow string and cables every 2-3 years just as regular maintance. my barnett is faster than the tenpoint i just bought and shoots just as good.
Good luck with it just be careful!
Old 11-26-2009, 03:41 AM
Typical Buck

i have the barnett rhino sport mag (4 limb). had it for almost 5yrs. now and have never had a problem with it-even after it fell once from 20ft. in my tree stand. i probably shoot it 100-150 times a year (don't see the need to shoot it year round). the orig. string is showing some wear but still is fine but i'll probably replace it at the end of this season. just giving my 2 cents...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.