Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
new Barnett Penetrator >

new Barnett Penetrator

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

new Barnett Penetrator

Old 10-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by StoredEnergy
Internet hunting forum for men is like a gossip party line for women.

If you won't like the product don't buy it. My nephew has a wildcat and totally abuses it, three years later it is still holding up.

Personally, Barnett is what it has always been. A low end bow manufacturer that has been beset with more than it's share of problems. I remember hanging out at the pro shop many years ago and the only crossbows I knew about were Barnetts and their bad prods. Though the pro shops didn't sell xbows they sold (and made a killin') selling replacement prods (limbs).

I think that they are trying to make a change and the best of luck to them. The industry is STRONGER with many choices in products. A single supplier is always bad for the consumer.
It's not about "not liking something, don't buy it". It's about facts. Plain and simple. If you would have read the whole thread pertaing to my 2 Revolutions, you would have seen that I liked the bows. That's why I bought 2 of them. After both of them going south after only a few shots each. I had enough. I wasn't going to post on this again. But your post was off base. So for those who haven't seen the NEW Barnetts, this is for you. This was durning ****ing.

Old 10-29-2009, 09:37 AM
Spike

wow i would hate to be shooting the p.o.s. when it let go like that!!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Spike

Thumbs down

Bottom of the line is that Barnett is cheap garbage! I am a lucky person to still be here or to be here without at least serious injury after two HORRIBLE experiences with Barnett. I paid $700 for my bow then after the cable snapped off when it was ****ed (luckily I didn't have my face againt the xbow), it did slap me in the leg but I will take that anyday compared to what the what the other outcomes were. I had to ship it back to Barnett have a retrofit performed to a new style of cableing system installed which cost another $80. Then on, I believe was, the 8th shot the riser snapped in my face with an arrow loaded as soon as I pulled the trigger. All I heard was an explosion and my life flashed before my eyes. After the shock wore off everyone at the range ran over to me to make sure I was okay and it was obvious why the bow's riser had snapped. Engineering design flaw. 90 degree angles in cast magnesium alloy. I stand here today in aww that I didn't lose an eye or worst. I contacted Barnett again and it took bloody hell to get them to replace it. They argued with me from timeframe I bought it, price I paid for it and everything else in the book. Their first response was, "Risers snap sir". They finally argreed to ship a replacement and I told him as soon as I got it that I was selling it b/c I knew how much of junk their equipment was and then after recieving it, Barnett had shipped me a lower version. I have been argueing with them since. Worst customer service ever! They know their product is injuring people and wanted to argue about everything... I am looking for other people with similar issues or serious injuries to look into a class action lawsuit. I have filed a complaint with the Fed Trade Commion, Attorney General, and BBB so far and will not stop. I have been in contact with marketing managers of Cabelas and my fight will not end there! Barnett knows they are injuring people yet continue to sell their crap!

I have pictures of mine but the one above looks even worse! Was anyone hospitalized?

Last edited by navy0202; 02-16-2010 at 12:03 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Spike

Anyone know a good attorney for class action lawsuits???
Old 02-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Mike Van Veghten
Funny how few (VERY) jumped on Bowtech when all of their triggers needed replacing a while back (early Desert Strykers). Or the guy currently complaining of of his Bowtech limbs blowing up...

I fully understand that Barnett isn't a top of the line bow. And I also understand that there is most probably MANY more Barnetts in the field than most realize. So yea...by a count of bows sold...there will be problems.

I currently have five different brands of bows. (and yea, one is a Barnett and two are Bowtechs)
Not a problem with any of'em.

I get a kick out of the internet.. A great place to bash the little guy...

Mike

The little guy! ha! Do you even watch TV?
Old 02-26-2010, 06:05 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by sits in trees
i don't own a barnett, but i sure would like to see some pics of these exploded barnetts..
These came from Crossbownation.com. 1 of the pics is my old predator. Since October, I have Personally seen 4 Predators that blew up in addition to my 2 occurances. My 2nd "blow up" scared me so bad, i traded the replacement that Barnett sent me. It took a lot of shots with my new crossbow to trust crossbows again. Stay away from Barnett untill they figure out their manufacturing problems with the Predator.
mgeez
Attached Thumbnails new Barnett Penetrator-100_3903.jpg   new Barnett Penetrator-pict0036.jpg  
Old 12-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Spike

Default Two more failures

My friend and I bought the Predators at the exact same time. They arrived on the same day. I am very meticulous about my gear and I obviously know not to dryfire ANY bow. I also wax my string as instructed.....after every fifth shot. Well after the 20-25th shot *POW*. The string let go. It scared me. Well...I grabbed my muzzleoader and my friend grabbed his Predator. Walking back to my truck at dark I hear that same exact creepy sound from his bow 200 yrds away. Both strings broke at about the exact same time. I called them and the tech gal told me they had been dry fired. I said....Ya think so? That happens when a string breaks sweety. She told me to take the risers off and send them to Barnett. I hope for their sake this is the last I have to deal with this.
Cheers