Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
new Barnett Penetrator >

new Barnett Penetrator

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

new Barnett Penetrator

Old 10-06-2009, 07:00 AM
Spike

I just posted a thread on exchanging a Horton for a Ten Point, but that is another story. What I will say here is that the outdoors dealer I bought my Ten Point from had 2 Ten Point Titan's in stock, 1 or 2 each of a couple other more expensive Ten Point models, and about 30 Barnett Quad 400's. He said he carries them because, while he is only just comfortable enough with it to sell them, that is what everybody asks for. And I can't blame him. He is in the business to please customers, and that is what they wanted.

So why did I not buy the Barnett? REVIEWS!! Way too many horror stories. But the gentleman who sold me my Ten Point said everybody comes in, looks at the price of the Barnett ($349), sees that it shoots 345fps. Then they look at the Ten Point, sees that is is hundreds more and only shoots 305fps, and decides the Barnett is the clear choice.

I know it is bad science, but that is what people see, and he obviously sells the H**L out of the Barnetts.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Spike

The only bashing I had with Barnett was when the riser exploded and bashed/broke my finger. I belive in mechanical failures happening to the best and worst items so I bought a second Barnett. After 3 shots both cams cut through the serving at the wheels. That is 2 for 2 from different dealers from diffrent states. That is a pretty high failure rate.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default Quad82

Originally Posted by Quad82
The only bashing I had with Barnett was when the riser exploded and bashed/broke my finger. I belive in mechanical failures happening to the best and worst items so I bought a second Barnett. After 3 shots both cams cut through the serving at the wheels. That is 2 for 2 from different dealers from diffrent states. That is a pretty high failure rate.
Thats not good, and would probably look for a different one no matter what the brand. You can only give so many oppurtunities to have a company prove themselves. Buckeyefootball
Old 10-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Spike

They are gone. David set me up with a nice Ibex. It shoots nice and I have well over 500 shots on it with no troubles.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:23 PM
Spike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The guy I sold the Revolution to (the first one that blew up while ****ing), called me. Seems the factory top sling mount stud pulled out of the rail while he was walking to the woods. The bow fell backwards and landed on the scope. Trashed it. I am going to call Barnett and see if they will replace the stock. I don't think they will do anything about the scope. But I have to try. Barnett never did send me a new stock after the riser blew up. It still has the gouges on the sides of the stock under the rail where the limbs came back. The rep called and left me a message after they sent the bow back to me. But I had already sold the bow. It was better for me not to call him back at the time. I am still pizzed about the whole ordeal!
Old 10-22-2009, 10:55 AM
Spike

Internet hunting forum for men is like a gossip party line for women.

If you won't like the product don't buy it. My nephew has a wildcat and totally abuses it, three years later it is still holding up.

Personally, Barnett is what it has always been. A low end bow manufacturer that has been beset with more than it's share of problems. I remember hanging out at the pro shop many years ago and the only crossbows I knew about were Barnetts and their bad prods. Though the pro shops didn't sell xbows they sold (and made a killin') selling replacement prods (limbs).

I think that they are trying to make a change and the best of luck to them. The industry is STRONGER with many choices in products. A single supplier is always bad for the consumer.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by redline002
I've been reading here alot about how poor Barnett xbows are but I haven't seen anywhere that anyone has had any problems with a new Predator. I own a Penetrator which is a Predator with a shortened power stroke made solely for D**** sporting goods. I really like my xbow and have shot it around 40-50 times and haven't noticed any problems. I'm not trying to get an argument started, just that I haven't seen any bad publicity on this particular bow.
I have also heard good things about the newer bows but for me it is,Once bitten twice shy.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Based solely on the number of people who say the Barnetts have self distructed in their hands or are a piece of crap I have decided not to get one. I don't ever seem to hear of anyone saying their Excalibur or Ten Point "blew" up or anything close to that.

I do however understand that price is a big consideration but if you wrap a ribbon around a piece of POO it is still a piece of POO.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by StoredEnergy
I would love to see pictures of those splintered limbs. I would figure that the rubber would keep them from releasing fibers.

Were you able to see the three layers of lamination? Did the top skin separate from the core of the limb? Did they split at the axle?

Since you saw three of them personally did they have any common failures?
im amazed some people just are in some sort of fog about some products why is it that way too many people have had problems with this crap and still people will say where's the problem here? unbelievable
Old 10-25-2009, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by speedball
im amazed some people just are in some sort of fog about some products why is it that way too many people have had problems with this crap and still people will say where's the problem here? unbelievable
i don't own a barnett, but i sure would like to see some pics of these exploded barnetts..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.