Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
Need a little feedback here guys.... >

Need a little feedback here guys....

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Need a little feedback here guys....

Old 09-01-2009, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default Need a little feedback here guys....

This year NJ is allowing crossbows. Since ive never owned or shot one, i dont know where to start with buying one. I have around 400 bucks to spend, just wanted to see what you guys thought would be a good bow for around that price..?
Old 09-01-2009, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

To get the best bang for your buck call Wyvern Creations
at 603-659-0575 builds the best "package" in the business
and will treat you right,best call you can make!
Old 09-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default 400

Try loking at a Barnett Quad AVI. You can get one on Ebay for about that price.Buckeyefootball
Old 09-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Banned

Buckeye Bozo: Will you stop trying to get these newcomers to buy a Barnett!! Worse dang crossbow they could buy. You trying to discourage them from using crossbows?? 1 year warranty, lousy customer service, Absolutley horrible reliability and dependability. Not to mention the lousy track record of the company.

What is the matter with you???
Old 09-02-2009, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

reseach all the CB's that can be bought for the amount of money you can afford. then tell the forum what they are, you want compound or recurve ? weight how much can you handle ? $400 is that just for the CB or for the whole outfit ?
Old 09-02-2009, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

Default ask bowhunterdad58

Ask bowhunterdad58 what he thinks of his Quad that will give a a timely opinion of the bow. You can go to crossbow-review,com for an unbiased opinion of many bows that will help you decide. Buckeyefootball
Old 09-02-2009, 08:08 AM
Spike

Look at Horton, I have been using a Horton HD175 for about three years now. Sighted in for 20 yards and has a 10 yard increment adjustment on the bow. I have not ever experenced any problems other than a string going bad and have killed numerous hogs and several deer with it.

Texas just allowed this year crossbows in the archery season so I will be shooting a few slick heads in October with my crossbow and the monster if he gets into range.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Banned

Granted that there a FEW, (but damn few) Barnett crossbows that are SOMEWHAT OKAY BUT ONLY for a short period of time. Long term dependability is horse crap. There are 1000 times as many Barnetts that have broken compared to other bows. Crossbows that are sent to people who do reviews and publish them are hand picked and gone over with intense scrutiny before being sent.
There are hundreds of people who have had problems with Barnetts to one person who has had problems with the big four manufacturers crossbows.

Buckeye Bozo, you need to have a reality check as you seem to be living in your own dream world!
Old 09-05-2009, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

buckeye, or footbalfan or hunter, whatever you choose to call yourself lately, you've had your Barnett what maybe 3 months now? One bow of one brand; and admittedly don't shoot much..."ecept to hunt." So asking you or another Barnett newbi fan is hardly elucidating. Ask my brother who has had not one but two Barnetts go to hell.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:25 AM
Spike

WELL IF YOU WANT TO HUNT YOU BETTER GET THE Excalibur IF YOU WANT TO SIT HOME WITH A WALL HANGING Barnett THAT UP TO YOU TO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.