Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Excalibur Cheekpieces >

Excalibur Cheekpieces

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Excalibur Cheekpieces

Old 05-15-2009, 04:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Excalibur Cheekpieces

Added aftermarket cheekpieces to the Phoenix and Vortex. Just what the doctor ordered. Improved scope to eye alignment dramatically. No more noisy foam pipe insulation. Used to shave before going hunting so the whiskers wouldn't scrape on it.
Old 05-15-2009, 04:32 AM
Spike

Default RE: Excalibur Cheekpieces

Will a crankaroo work with one of those on there?
Old 05-15-2009, 05:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

[Will a crankaroo work with one of those on there?]

Mine is a converted Sidewinder by Parker : http://www.parkerbows.com/pb/2007/crossbowacc.html ( I just shimmed the inside of the stock bracket, added a peg that fits into Excal stock). It works perfectly fine, no interference whatsoever, Ischa. Don't have access to a Crankaroo but it seems it functions the same.
Cheekpeice would not be compatible with Ten Point's AcuDraw (as installed by Moon) not enough room for both.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:19 PM

Cossack,

I had wondered if cheekpieces were available. Do you have a photo or a source you could share w/us?

Also, I know when I hunt in cold weather (and it does get cold up here), I'll wear heavier clothes. Is there a slip on/off butt pad for the Vortex. Something I could have on in warmer weather to simulate winter clothes???

Ahhh... brainstorm!!!... thought it was just gas at first... Wouldn't it be cool if there were a combo slip-on cheek piece built into a "possibles" bag that could be worn on either side of the stock for R and L hand shooters. There is something similar for muzzle loading - an elastic sleeve that slips over the butt stock and holds a short starter and extra speed loaders and caps in a small pouch on one side - it's reversable. I keep one on my Renegade for black powder hunting. Something could be made up for X-bows to hold string cocker and whatever. Thought about that today when I FINALLY got my new Vortex together and started shooting (had to remind myself... pointy end toward the front).

If I could sew, I'd try to make something myself. Whaddya think, have merit???

Also, I'm amazed at the Vortex. Fast, smooth, accurate (repeatably accurate) and quieter than I thought. Dave set me up right!!! This bow has a better trigger than some of my rifles!!!

Mike
Old 05-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bowhunters Superstore has em, graygrouses (likely Dave does too by now) http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/crossbow-accessories-excalibur-c-41_151.html
Personally I like my gear 'clean,' when hunting, don't even like the quiver attached to the bow while in the stand. I just think that extras affect the balance of the piece. View the cheekpieces as a necessary evil to enable better eye/scope alignment. That they do.