HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Excalibur Cheekpieces
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 05:19 PM
greygrouse

Default RE: Excalibur Cheekpieces

Cossack,

I had wondered if cheekpieces were available. Do you have a photo or a source you could share w/us?

Also, I know when I hunt in cold weather (and it does get cold up here), I'll wear heavier clothes. Is there a slip on/off butt pad for the Vortex. Something I could have on in warmer weather to simulate winter clothes???

Ahhh... brainstorm!!!... thought it was just gas at first... Wouldn't it be cool if there were a combo slip-on cheek piece built into a "possibles" bag that could be worn on either side of the stock for R and L hand shooters. There is something similar for muzzle loading - an elastic sleeve that slips over the butt stock and holds a short starter and extra speed loaders and caps in a small pouch on one side - it's reversable. I keep one on my Renegade for black powder hunting. Something could be made up for X-bows to hold string cocker and whatever. Thought about that today when I FINALLY got my new Vortex together and started shooting (had to remind myself... pointy end toward the front).

If I could sew, I'd try to make something myself. Whaddya think, have merit???

Also, I'm amazed at the Vortex. Fast, smooth, accurate (repeatably accurate) and quieter than I thought. Dave set me up right!!! This bow has a better trigger than some of my rifles!!!

Mike