Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Good news and bad news >

Good news and bad news

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Good news and bad news

Old 03-04-2009, 01:24 PM

Default RE: Good news and bad news

Agree with the "not any better than a good compound" I wish more peaple realized it is not like a rifle in it's ability to kill game. Hate to say it but this thread makes xbow archers sound like guys who have lived hard and are now all busted up. Well I may have a few dents in my body work, and a few tears in my leather, but I still love to be in the timber looking for the big ones of what ever critter I am chasing. Hope to be able to continue right up to the minute I meet my maker. Hope it's a surprise when I go, hopefully huntin.
Old 03-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Redclub,
As an "ole guy" I hunt nearly every day (my wife calls it 'deer watching.') But I can only shoot one buck, regardless what I use. I passed on so many deer last year I gave some of them names. But I did put a couple in the freezer, ultimately, just because l really like venison. In fact I'm cooking some now: Chicken breast over dried/smoked venison shaved thin, in mushroom soup and sour cream. Chunk of crusty bread, glass of white bubbly, little salad and I'm a happy man.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Bree243

Agree with the "not any better than a good compound" I wish more peaple realized it is not like a rifle in it's ability to kill game. Hate to say it but this thread makes xbow archers sound like guys who have lived hard and are now all busted up. Well I may have a few dents in my body work, and a few tears in my leather, but I still love to be in the timber looking for the big ones of what ever critter I am chasing. Hope to be able to continue right up to the minute I meet my maker. Hope it's a surprise when I go, hopefully huntin.
Can I get another amen!
Old 03-05-2009, 04:11 AM

Amen Amen. Cossack, you got my mouth watering! I am blessed to live in Iowa, Shot an old 7 pointer with my xbow, a 10 pointer with my slug gun, with an assist on a nice 8 with a buddy, and 3 does with a 100 year old Swede 6.5x55 mauser. We are able to feed the hungry here in Iowa so I only kept 2 in steaks and chops with 44 lbs made into sticks, summer sausage, and ground. All in all a great year. Looking forward to popping a Turkey with my Horton from my ground blind.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:47 AM
Fork Horn

Yea I hunt everyday (during season) sure is nice to be retired, I have been hunting with a bow for 45 years (longer with a gun) This past season I got the largest buck I ever got with a bow and it was the day after Christmas, I have a ton of pictures of him when he was alive

Redclub
Old 03-05-2009, 07:11 AM
Fork Horn

Test

Redclub
Old 03-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I need both shoulders and 1 knee replaced in the near future to compliment my kidney Transplant and colon cancer (I'm getting treatment and should be fine).
Still just glad to be here.
I will pray for you all,I feel your pain
Old 03-05-2009, 12:31 PM

Saxman1, sounds like you could use a prayer or 2 youself, soone is heading to Gods ear from me in your behalf. Take care my woodsy brother.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:38 AM
Fork Horn

Please bear with me tring to post pictures
RC