Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Full inclusion for PA >

Full inclusion for PA

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Full inclusion for PA

Old 02-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Full inclusion for PA

i am not selfish but i do like to be alone in woods in archery and dont need more hunters,its bad enough now.
Glad to hear you aren't selfish, lol
but putting crossbows in hands of people without training or using common sense,IS A STUPID THING.
you seem to be up on stupid
i can take my crossbow out and shoot in same hole at 20 yds over and over even with a bad shoulder
bench or bs? hint: I know the answer

Old 02-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: awshucks

i am not selfish but i do like to be alone in woods in archery and dont need more hunters,its bad enough now.
Glad to hear you aren't selfish, lol
but putting crossbows in hands of people without training or using common sense,IS A STUPID THING.
you seem to be up on stupid
i can take my crossbow out and shoot in same hole at 20 yds over and over even with a bad shoulder
bench or bs? hint: I know the answer
i was wondering how long it wouldtake YOUto respond.

one thing you learned from me,I NEVER BULL ****......
Old 02-07-2009, 04:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

one thing you learned from me,
I can honestly say I haven't learned anything from you, Sproul. About you maybe, but not from you.

I heard hunters saying [sound familiar?] it was YOUR fault Pa went full inclusion!!!

Seems all those does you haven't been shooting have been dropping fawns which have been getting bred.......Caused the herd to be needed to be cut down.

Any truth to that?
Old 02-07-2009, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

one thing you learned from me,
I can honestly say I haven't learned anything from you, Sproul. About you maybe, but not from you.

I heard hunters saying [sound familiar?] it was YOUR fault Pa went full inclusion!!!

Seems all those does you haven't been shooting have been dropping fawns which have been getting bred.......Caused the herd to be needed to be cut down.

Any truth to that?
no truth to that.there is not ALL those doe,there was.

there are very few fawns in wmu2g ,clinton county,pa.

in fact, i just talked to wife, if you would like to come here for vacation to hunt, you could stay with us for a week and you could see impact of how bad our hunting is do to DOE slaughter last 10 years has done.

all i ask is that you report on here when you get home what you saw.

want to come?
Old 02-07-2009, 09:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

want to come?
thankyou no. I can take all the deer I need here in Ar. I'm a meat type. I have had property available to hunt in Pa since I lived there. I can still remember the first deer hunt I was on in Pa. Just out side Columbia. Thought it was a dog pack that ran by the stand in predawn poor light, sure were small.
Old 02-07-2009, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

want to come?
thankyou no. I can take all the deer I need here in Ar. I'm a meat type. I have had property available to hunt in Pa since I lived there. I can still remember the first deer hunt I was on in Pa. Just out side Columbia. Thought it was a dog pack that ran by the stand in predawn poor light, sure were small.
well, if you change your mine, give me PM.

beautiful here in archery and you can use your crossbow.

i had to walk 3 miles, i got struck out in mountains with my dog along.[:@]

truck is deep in snow.lucky i got ride into home, the guy that picked me up had a case of miller in his lap driving and drinking the whole trip for 7 miles to my home.

man, i was stiff as board over that, i guess nothing scares me too much even a guy loaded behind wheel.

its going to take meall morning with help to dig me out of that mess.

i could not believe snow was 3 ft deep in roads with drifts higher.

i had chains on front too
Old 02-10-2009, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

"You compound bow hunters should not be allowed to hunt in archery season either as its not REAL archery. Pick up a long bow and then you should be allowed to hunt archery. Compounds have an unfair advantage over the long bow. you don't have to hold back all the weight so its so easy and all those fancy gadgets such as releases, fiber optic sites, levels, stabilizers,. etc, also the speed of the compound bow shoots way faster than a long bow. I bet most compounds are shooting a hunting weight arrow over 300 fps or is VERY close to it. Long bow under 200 or very close to it. How the heck did a compound bow get allowed in a REAL archery season. Heck you guys with compounds are shooting at deer over 60 yards I bet with all these technological advances in archery. I remember guys I have talked to who said the same thing you guys are saying now 30 and 40 years ago when the compound came out. They didn't want you in THEIR archery season but you snuck in. I bet a compound bow would of or should of been for ony disabled hunters so they didn't have to hold back the FULL poundage of the bow to make it easier. You only had to make that initial draw then when those HORRID cames turnd over you would be holding a lot less lbs. THis is not to belittle anyone please don't take it as that but its what I see as a new crossbow user. Us crossbow users are going through what you guys went through years ago. So please stop complaining about it."

I agree with this post 1000%. Way back when, I was opposed to compound bows. But Pandora's box was opened and there is no turning back. Just like having an in-line muzzleloader season, scopes included. May as well allow centerfire rifles. I will be using a crossbow this year (for the first time), because the surgeries that I had 4 years ago won't allow me to pull a vertical bow enough to become proficient for hunting. I would qualify for a handicap permit. But I'm not going to b*itch about inclusion. That went out the window a long time ago.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

outsider, I wonder what they say about the type of MZ like I have. I have the savage 10ml II that shoots smokeless powders and I can get velocities with 250 gr bullets of over 2500 fps. So you are right that they can be like rifles. If they are not allowed it might not be too far off. But I have to say I love this MZ. My new load I am going to be working on is the Barnes origional .458 300 gr ssp. Powder will be N120. I should be able to get this to about 2350 fps. So modern MZing is even more modern than most people think.

Can you imagine what the people would say if my Savage 10ml II was allowed with smokeless powder I think PA would explode.

Brian
Old 02-10-2009, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: the outsider

"You compound bow hunters should not be allowed to hunt in archery season either as its not REAL archery. Pick up a long bow and then you should be allowed to hunt archery. Compounds have an unfair advantage over the long bow. you don't have to hold back all the weight so its so easy and all those fancy gadgets such as releases, fiber optic sites, levels, stabilizers,. etc, also the speed of the compound bow shoots way faster than a long bow. I bet most compounds are shooting a hunting weight arrow over 300 fps or is VERY close to it. Long bow under 200 or very close to it. How the heck did a compound bow get allowed in a REAL archery season. Heck you guys with compounds are shooting at deer over 60 yards I bet with all these technological advances in archery. I remember guys I have talked to who said the same thing you guys are saying now 30 and 40 years ago when the compound came out. They didn't want you in THEIR archery season but you snuck in. I bet a compound bow would of or should of been for ony disabled hunters so they didn't have to hold back the FULL poundage of the bow to make it easier. You only had to make that initial draw then when those HORRID cames turnd over you would be holding a lot less lbs. THis is not to belittle anyone please don't take it as that but its what I see as a new crossbow user. Us crossbow users are going through what you guys went through years ago. So please stop complaining about it."

I agree with this post 1000%. Way back when, I was opposed to compound bows. But Pandora's box was opened and there is no turning back. Just like having an in-line muzzleloader season, scopes included. May as well allow centerfire rifles. I will be using a crossbow this year (for the first time), because the surgeries that I had 4 years ago won't allow me to pull a vertical bow enough to become proficient for hunting. I would qualify for a handicap permit. But I'm not going to b*itch about inclusion. That went out the window a long time ago.
i use a BLACK WIDOW recurve bow right now, no compound .

i sold my ONEIDA EAGLE compound bow 20 years ago, NEVER LIKED USING A BOW WITH SIGHTS ETC. no fun.

i also have crossbow ,HORTON ULTRA SL that i bought second hand.

i love shooting it in my basement in winter,i sight in many bows for the DISABLED at our club.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:39 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: 445 supermag

outsider, I wonder what they say about the type of MZ like I have. I have the savage 10ml II that shoots smokeless powders and I can get velocities with 250 gr bullets of over 2500 fps. So you are right that they can be like rifles. If they are not allowed it might not be too far off. But I have to say I love this MZ. My new load I am going to be working on is the Barnes origional .458 300 gr ssp. Powder will be N120. I should be able to get this to about 2350 fps. So modern MZing is even more modern than most people think.

Can you imagine what the people would say if my Savage 10ml II was allowed with smokeless powder I think PA would explode.

Brian
They are allowed, scopes and all during the early muzzleloader season, which is in the middle of archery season.

Quick Reply: Full inclusion for PA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.