HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows-76/)
-   -   Full inclusion for PA (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/crossbows/284353-full-inclusion-pa.html)

10ptCrossbow 01-27-2009 05:56 AM

Full inclusion for PA

PA just passed full inclusion by a 4-3 vote. There is to be no magnification on scopes, but I will getmore detail on that shortly.
Randy

445 supermag 01-27-2009 07:48 AM

RE: Full inclusion for PA

That is fantastic, I wonder if they can use red dot scopes with no magnification??? But another one into the fold. NJ also right next to you is allowing it for 2009 too. Picking off each state one ata time for allowing Crossbows.

Way to go PA.

Brian

10ptCrossbow 01-27-2009 08:03 AM

Red dots will be allowed.

sproulman 01-27-2009 11:13 AM

ORIGINAL: 445 supermag

That is fantastic, I wonder if they can use red dot scopes with no magnification??? But another one into the fold. NJ also right next to you is allowing it for 2009 too. Picking off each state one ata time for allowing Crossbows.

Way to go PA.

Brian

its not WAY TO GO pa.

huntersARE NOT IN FAVOR OF THIS,THAT WAS SHOWN AT MEETING.[:@]

its crossbow manufactures with their politics as usual,PAYOFFS and a DCNR that wants all deer gone.

so, we live with it , nothing new for pa hunting.

445 supermag 01-27-2009 11:52 AM

Yes its a great day for PA. A LOT of hunters are for it. I know many hunters who are getting up in age that can't shoot a vertical bow anymore will be happy to be out hunting with a bow again. A lot of your own UBPA or whatever you call yourself were in favor of it just like here in NJ with UBNJ when polled about crossbows were in favor of it too.

Hey I USED to shoot a Hoyt Trykon but just traded it in on a StrykeForce crossbow and I am a relatively healthy person who could if I wanted to hunt with a vertical bow. I just choose to hunt with a Crossbow for next year. I can't wait. Its just a WAY COOLER WEAPON to use and for me much more fun. Yahoo more states are allowing crossbows.

I think It would be horrible as we get older to not be allowed to hunt with a bow do to age or illness. I dread that. I am 39 now but 65 is just around the corner and I hope to keep after these deer that I love for a long time. I know a few in my club that they miss archery and hope that the crossbow gets allowed so they TOO can enjoy what they been missing do to being older and not able to bow hunt anymore. They have no injuries to get the Medical pass just older. SO its great that NJ and Now PA is allowing them to use it for next year. I am sure these guys are not alone.

Way to go PA

Brian

sproulman 01-27-2009 01:58 PM

Yes its a great day for PA. A LOT of hunters are for it. I know many hunters who are getting up in age that can't shoot a vertical bow anymore will be happy to be out hunting with a bow again. A lot of your own UBPA or whatever you call yourself were in favor of it just like here in NJ with UBNJ when polled about crossbows were in favor of it too.

Hey I USED to shoot a Hoyt Trykon but just traded it in on a StrykeForce crossbow and I am a relatively healthy person who could if I wanted to hunt with a vertical bow. I just choose to hunt with a Crossbow for next year. I can't wait. Its just a WAY COOLER WEAPON to use and for me much more fun. Yahoo more states are allowing crossbows.

I think It would be horrible as we get older to not be allowed to hunt with a bow do to age or illness. I dread that. I am 39 now but 65 is just around the corner and I hope to keep after these deer that I love for a long time. I know a few in my club that they miss archery and hope that the crossbow gets allowed so they TOO can enjoy what they been missing do to being older and not able to bow hunt anymore. They have no injuries to get the Medical pass just older. SO its great that NJ and Now PA is allowing them to use it for next year. I am sure these guys are not alone.

Way to go PA

Brian
i bet this puts a bigtime hurt on compound bow co.

also i see a ton of compounds for sale.

you should get some good deals on matthews bows.

only the diehard hunters in archery like us will go to crossbow,as long as in-lines are allowed in oct, most are not getting a crossbow, they can get a doe then with gun, why spend money on bow.

so, you may not see a lot of new hunters,but only new bow sales and present hunters changing to crossbow.

everyone i know is getting rid of compound bow for crossbow.

Ben / PA 01-27-2009 02:37 PM

Way to go PA

Brian
B,
I don't know of anyone that I have talked to that is for xbows in PA. Regardless of age, I didn't think that it was too hard for anyone not physically able to draw a bow to get medical pass. Believe me, I am a huge fan of getting people who can not, for whatever reason, draw a bow out in the woods. That said, this law change is going to get alot of people out in the woods who shouldn't be out in the woods. I hope that I am wrong, but I can not find a way to feel good about this move.

Worried in PA.

For my own curiousity.....why is a crossbow more fun for you?

dyeclan 01-27-2009 03:58 PM

I think there is a false assumption that all vertical bow hunters or maybe we'll call these ones 'users', practice and become proficieint. Sure, the kinds of vert bow hunters that join the groups, and are so vocal about the crossbow issue, most likely put in their dues and spend hundreds of hours on the range. But I guarantee you there is a sizable contingent of bow 'users' who shoot a few times a year and hit the woods. These are the same types that take the shotgun out of the case the day before season, blow the dust off, and go hunting, or the guys that buy a crossbow at Dick's on the way to the stand. The type of weapon doesn't dictate the type of hunter-there will unfortunately be losers in every group. It is our responsibility as true hunters, to support the sport, our DNR's, and hunter safety programs, in order for our sport to not only endure, but to grow and prosper. IMHO, of course.

sits in trees 01-27-2009 04:15 PM

ORIGINAL: sproulman

Way to go PA.

Brian

its not WAY TO GO pa.

huntersARE NOT IN FAVOR OF THIS,THAT WAS SHOWN AT MEETING.[:@]

its crossbow manufactures with their politics as usual,PAYOFFS and a DCNR that wants all deer gone.

so, we live with it , nothing new for pa hunting.

OK Sproul, get your diaper changed and have mother tuck you in, youll feel better in the morning>>>>>

Wyvern Crossbow 01-27-2009 05:21 PM

not worth replying too..

Wyvern