Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 I need some fussing at >

I need some fussing at

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

I need some fussing at

Old 10-23-2008, 11:21 AM

Default RE: I need some fussing at

Why would you shoot at a deer that is moving ? and at 45 yards ? clearly your skills are not that good. If you hit it high in the shoulder you probably didnt get good penetration to make it to the vitals. Did you find your arrow ? was it in one piece if not how much is left in the deer ? If you made it in 6 to 8 inches that deer is dead and all the blood is still in the chest cavity.
This is why people dont like our cross bows.

ORIGINAL: Cbowhunter1

Listen to this story, This morning I was hunting and I heard something moving through the woods at a brisk pace next thing i know a 4 point buck comes out at 45 yards and moving away so I took the shot and hit him in the right front leg. I wait an hour then get out of my stand but couldnt find blood anywhere.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:01 PM

I whistled at him and he stopped which gave me enough time to get the shot off and I tried to quarter him but was to the right about 3 inches to much. If I had it to do over again I wouldn't of taken the shot but I got caught in the heat of the moment.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:49 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Whatever!
Old 10-23-2008, 04:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cbow.. Maybe you should rethink taking such LOW percentage shots. Not very cool really but maybe your very good.

Buddy-Bo.. I know the quote well and usuallythe wording is a little different.It might be true in both cases though..