Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Looking into a crossbow....help. >

Looking into a crossbow....help.

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Looking into a crossbow....help.

Old 10-21-2008, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Looking into a crossbow....help.

Well I don't know if you already got one. I am searching for one for next year as NJ will be allowing them in archery season. I will be selling my Hoyt Trykon and have NO reservations about it.

I also did as others have said, called David just after reading about all the suggestions from online here about how helpful the guy is. Well here I call and I ask him about crossbows as I am new about them and was not going to be buying one yet till NJ allowes them that is, Thank GOD its next year. But I figure this would be a quick call and he would be done with me since I was not ordering from him at this time figuring he would want to get back to his business. Well 30 minutes later and asking everything I have ever heard of or thought of he answered and gave me all the answers to my question and the questions I NEVER thought about asking. So he is a great guy and you can tell that he IS passionate about what he does. I just hope that when I am ready to buy I can buy from him. He also told me that he DOESN'T have in stock what he wont hunt with himself. So he don't sell if he don't like. Well enough of that. I am going to be getting a Bowtech Desert Stryker as soon as my season is over here in NJ this winter. So I can practice and become proficient with it.

Hope we can get an update from you.

Best of luck to you.

I also had surgery on my shoulder in the past after a car accident and I used to be a REAL good vertical bow shooter but now I feel I am average. I used to feel VERY confident a 55 yards with my Darton Maverick or hoyt trykon but now since surgery 35 yards is it. So I know where you are coming from and hope it all works out.

You WILL get what you pay for just like most other things.

Brian
Old 11-17-2008, 01:04 PM

Default RE: Looking into a crossbow....help.

Parker cyclone try it out i love it