Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 What is a self cocking crossbow? >

What is a self cocking crossbow?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

What is a self cocking crossbow?

Old 03-04-2009, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is a self cocking crossbow?

ORIGINAL: martinfaw

I found one on ebay, looks like a nice one it will be interesting to see what it goes for
Martin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:I T&item=290299235725

Current bid $375. Seller makes mention of a metal string, that's news to me and scary. I know mine was a serving eater, but found out just last summer there were supposed to be plastic protectors in the brass hooks that pull the string back when cocking.
but it has more then enof power when shooting like I said its 175 pound draw it was passed down to me from my dad
I'm sure that makes yours very special to you. I thought mine was a neat little bow. It was ok for really close shots, but nothing like the bows of today. Even though it was 175#, they had a very short power stroke, which is the other determing factor in performance. Did you ever hear of a metal string for them?

Old 03-04-2009, 11:20 AM
Typical Buck

Awshucks, they are right about the plastic protectors i bought one last year and have shot it (guessmating) 500 times with hardly any wear to the serving. Its a sweet shooting little bow, its a collectors item now and i probably need to put it up but i enjoy shooting it.

Martin
Old 03-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Typical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: awshucks

ORIGINAL: martinfaw

I found one on ebay, looks like a nice one it will be interesting to see what it goes for
Martin

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:I T&item=290299235725

Current bid $375. Seller makes mention of a metal string, that's news to me and scary. I know mine was a serving eater, but found out just last summer there were supposed to be plastic protectors in the brass hooks that pull the string back when cocking.

but it has more then enof power when shooting like I said its 175 pound draw it was passed down to me from my dad
I'm sure that makes yours very special to you. I thought mine was a neat little bow. It was ok for really close shots, but nothing like the bows of today. Even though it was 175#, they had a very short power stroke, which is the other determing factor in performance. Did you ever hear of a metal string for them?

I HAVE BEEN GONE FOR A FEW DAYS AND CHECKED WHEN I GOT HOME THE LITTLE COMMANDO WENT FOR A WHOPPING $612.00.

MARTIN
Old 03-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow! $612!!! Thanks. I'm still curious about a metal string for them, would guess that's some ones idea rather than a Bnett offering.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Typical Buck

I figure somebody made one from a steel cable, I tried one on my first crossbow (a powermaster) and it broke the first shot.

Martin
Old 03-11-2009, 01:08 PM
Spike

Sorry, but I still don't understand how it works.

I have noknowledge of shotguns.
And am a Newbie tobows.

Thanks

James
Look at this video. Barnett Commando 2 (compound).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UuGH6Gh30U&feature=related

milan.

Edit;
9/22/2008 4:21:07 AM
ups