Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Trigger Adjustment >

Trigger Adjustment

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Trigger Adjustment

Old 08-29-2008, 02:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Trigger Adjustment

I shoot a Parker Magnum that I bought new 3 years ago ..havent hunted with it much but the trigger pull is extreamly heavy ..unless you just reallt squeeze it then it tends to torque right ...can the trigger be adjusted to pull easier like a rifle?

dd
Old 08-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Trigger Adjustment

Many have worked on their triggers, myself included.

I haven't seen your particular trigger, but I'd guess with some carefull work, it could get better.

If you don't want to tackle it, might try finding someone into working on gun triggers. Crossbow triggers, for the most part...are pretty simple.

Mike
Old 08-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trigger Adjustment

I agree with Mike, most triggers can be lightened by (juducious) polishing of the articulating surfaces. Parker triggers are relatively easy to work on. Lay it on the left side with trigger pointing toward you. Remove the screws that hold the two pieces of the housing togehter. Study how the parts interact. Take it very slow and polish the points of contact, keeping the same angle, rather than removing metal. In most cases casting marks will show you what needs polishing. I've used a fine diamond lap and fine 'trigger stones' with great success. You may also need to lighten the trigger spring by replacing the original with a piece of one from a ballpoint pen, for example.