Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Barnett Quad 400 junk >

Barnett Quad 400 junk

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Barnett Quad 400 junk

Old 08-11-2008, 06:11 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Barnett Quad 400 junk

ORIGINAL: lyuv

"Problems"? these are not problems.

I guess you didnt buy the recommended 0.5" arrows (by Barnett), so sure the holder didnt hold.

The safety is there for a reason. Liability issues demanded disabling the common but un-safe habit of people to engage the hazardous "fire" position.

And the trigger - Well, the "Breeze Trigger (TM)" is a unique feature of Barnett (pat. pending) offered free for a limited time. Be thankful.

I really dont understand your problem in getting the customer service. True, they didnt unswer any of my mails, but they did talk to me on the phone 3 times, and gave me an exiting variety of 3 different (and conflicting) answers to the same question.
Was this supposed to help the poor guy? Thirty-nine posts and you are an expert? This person comes online looking for help and you bury him in crap?
Wiggy, ignore this trashing you got. Get a hold of David at Wyvern Creations or Danny Miller at Horizonal Archery. You will not be guided wrong. BTW, it does not sound like you've done anything wrong.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

+2
Old 08-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wiggy,what DNK said is very good advice,for EXcalibur Danny Miller is
the best around,for all others David at Wyverns Creations is a super
guy and has vast knowledge of many different crossbows.I bought my
Ten Point from him and his service is second to none!I also went the
Barnett route and there are a lot of good folks here to help steer you
onto a good crossbow.Get what fits you and your pocket book as I
said contact David he can work for you and get you going,good luck!
Old 08-11-2008, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

my brother has BARNETT for 10 years now and has had no problems with it.

he only shot it about 20 times ,he takes it out, shoots 2 shots in bullseye at 20 yards,then goes out and gets a buck with it each year.

mine, i have HORTON and the limbs split after about 60 shots.

horton told me any bow that sits for 10 years could split on limbs,mine did .

i also dry fired it 2 times by mistake,so maybe that split limbs, horton felt it was AGE of bow not dryfire.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:36 AM

I have heard lots of problems with Barnett Xbows over the years.My wife and I both have Barnett Quad 300;Barnett changed the limbs and cams to the newer Quad 400.a couple years back. we have taken many,many deer and hogs with ours.we have had a couple small problems but Barnett fixed them at no charge to me.

I guess we have a couple of the good ones.

truley sorry you are having problems.I do believe if you send it to Barnett International at Odess Fla. they will fix it to your satisfation.
Old 08-17-2008, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Tree climber

I have heard lots of problems with Barnett Xbows over the years.My wife and I both have Barnett Quad 300;Barnett changed the limbs and cams to the newer Quad 400.a couple years back. we have taken many,many deer and hogs with ours.we have had a couple small problems but Barnett fixed them at no charge to me.

I guess we have a couple of the good ones.

truley sorry you are having problems.I do believe if you send it to Barnett International at Odess Fla. they will fix it to your satisfation.

i was at gunshop yesterday.

you would not believe the number of compound bows brought in broken,cables,strings,cam wheels.

same with BARNETT or any other compound crossbow.

if you shoot a compound crossbow a lot, you will get these issues,I FEEL WITHOUT BEING EXPERT ON THIS,just my opinion on what i see.

this is why if you shoot a lot, i would get the crossbow that is recurve type,like the EXCALIBER whick dnk,awshucks and others use.

my limbs on my horton split,it was 10 years old and hardly used.

horton told me just from sitting with pressure on the limbs,limbs will split or weakend.

i only had 60 shots out of it.

also its good to have shop close that repairs crossbows.

my shop is expert in HORTON line,has parts and gets quick service from horton.

thats most important thing, having repair shop close for your model.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Spike

I bought a Horton Supreme 175lb. last year. I am happy so far and it is in you price range.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I sent the bow back to Cabelas, and haven't heard back from them yet.I got out my Horton Summit 150 and put a red dot scope on it and sighted it in with my broadheads (muzzy 100grain 4 blade) and just in case something were to happen to that I hooked my older Horton Yukon up with a new peep sight for a back up. Both shoot 260 fps and should be fine out to 30 yards. The Horton worked ok for me last year, it'll be fine for this season too. I always stayed away from the red dot sights, afraid it would run out of batteries half way through a hunt but now that I've tried it I really like it.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

wiggy,
It wouldnt hurt to check with David at Wyvern Creations he can work
you a very good deal,and his back up customer service is second to
none,good luck on your search!
Old 08-17-2008, 09:38 PM

Cut your losses and send it back. I had a Barnett for about 20 minutes. I did not even take it out of the box. I took one look and packed it back up and ordered a 10 pt. Couldn't be happier.

Quick Reply: Barnett Quad 400 junk

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.