Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Survival guide to full inclusion >

Survival guide to full inclusion

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Survival guide to full inclusion

Old 07-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Spike

Default Survival guide to full inclusion

For those that are unaware of the famous NABC Crossbow Talking Points. These are 35-38 points against crossbow inclusion. The local state organizations are using these straight from the NABC handbook to keep crossbows out of your states. Well I decided it was time to start a counterpoint project. Here are the first 5 pages of many to come. Let me know what you all think.
http://www.crossbownation.com/facts_myths.html
Old 07-29-2008, 01:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Survival guide to full inclusion

Have a look at this. It may save you some time.

http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/documents/MicrosoftWord-FinalTenPointResponsetoNABCCrossbowTalkingPoints.p df

Randy
Old 07-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: 10ptCrossbow

Have a look at this. It may save you some time.

http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/documents/MicrosoftWord-FinalTenPointResponsetoNABCCrossbowTalkingPoints.p df

Randy
I took a more graphic and personal approach. I actually started with a draft that looks a lot like the Tenpoint one. I also do not have any crossbow company interests so they can't use that against me.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

"They" will say you were bought by the crossbow companies and they will use anything they can against you, whether it is true or not. Have fun with it!
Randy
Old 07-29-2008, 02:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: 10ptCrossbow

"They" will say you were bought by the crossbow companies and they will use anything they can against you, whether it is true or not. Have fun with it!
Randy
How true! I'd say I [and others] have been called "crossbow salesmen" as much as you, Randy, but that would be a gross exageration. I love it when they do that along w/ using the term "crossgun". Kinda takes me back in history and lets me know how Custer felt when the 7th was running out of ammo, lol.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's the first time I've read those talking points from NABC, but I had a strange feeling of deja vu while reading it. Most of their talking points come straight from that old report released by PBS's anti-crossbow committee.

I don't wonder that support for their opposition to crossbows was unanimous. From what I heard - and it's only hearsay - they didn't allow anyone in the door that wasn't rabidly anti-crossbow.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:36 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

That's the first time I've read those talking points from NABC, but I had a strange feeling of deja vu while reading it. Most of their talking points come straight from that old report released by PBS's anti-crossbow committee.

I don't wonder that support for their opposition to crossbows was unanimous. From what I heard - and it's only hearsay - they didn't allow anyone in the door that wasn't rabidly anti-crossbow.
Their arguments (talking points) are so thin the only way they can win is to out number and out organize the pro crossbow folks. Thanks to modern communication via the internet they are losing ground on the front lines for a change. Ohio, Arkansas, Alabama, Georgia, Wyoming, Tennessee, Virginia and just this year Louisiana and South Carolina all have full inclusion now. Michigan is waiting for a senate vote after the house passed their bill at 94-14-2. Pennsylvania doesn't even need a vote it's in the hands of their game commission and may get passed in October.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:56 PM

Gentlemen, the cat's out of the bag. It's highly unlikely that they can stop furthercrossbow inclusion in archery seasons with their bogus rants that have so many holes shot in them that they would look like Swiss cheese. I'd be ashamed to be associated with suchorganizations.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Spike

I remember seeing a post somewhere. They compared it to putting toothpaste back in the tube. Quite appropriate if you ask me. Maybe that was your post? I can't seem to find it again.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeye dan

I remember seeing a post somewhere. They compared it to putting toothpaste back in the tube. Quite appropriate if you ask me. Maybe that was your post? I can't seem to find it again.
I used that term recently about how MBH was indeed working on revising the disability provisions in MI now that full inclusion looms in their future. It's currently 80% disabled only w/ forms to be filled out by both a Dr and physical therapist. Leaves lotsa of folks to fall through the cracks.

Unreal. Btw, I forgot where I read the phrase, but it tickled me too, lol.

Quick Reply: Survival guide to full inclusion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.