Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Handgun Hunting magazine's >

Handgun Hunting magazine's

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Handgun Hunting magazine's

Old 06-07-2008, 09:31 PM

Default Handgun Hunting magazine's

article on the Zeiss Z-Point reflex sight was very interesting in that the Z-Point stood up to the heavy pounding of the monster magnum revolver. I knew it would because I shoot it on a 45/70 Contender handgun that most folks would not shoot due to severe recoil. My point is that the Z-Point is IMO the finest reflex single dot sight on the market with features not available on any other sight and is a natural for crossbows where hunting shots at deer are 40 yards or less since it is a single dot sight. If clunky heavy rifle type scopes are not for you and you demand world class quality, I recommend you give this sight a look. Now if Zeiss would only give us a 3 dot version

Old 06-08-2008, 05:37 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Handgun Hunting magazine's

I've never handled or used a Z-Point and am thinking of getting one, could you tell me what the advantages are over the Holo sight please? I understand the Z-Point is frugal on battery power and weight. But the Holo has true zero parallax and a one minute of angle dot. But what else is there? I sure like the snap on/snap off feature. Is it brighter? Less $?
Old 06-08-2008, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

i know its higher in price DNK. not exactly sure how much, in the $400 area i think
Old 06-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Banned

Here you go!

[/align]http://www.opticsplanet.net/zeiss-z-point-reflex-sight.html

http://www.act-optics.com/zeiss-z-point-reflex-sight-521698.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/Zeiss-Z-Point-Reflex-Sight-Dot-Weaver-NEW-521698_W0QQitemZ310056419550QQcmdZViewItem
Old 06-08-2008, 08:23 AM

I've seen them on some shooting supply sites for $399.00 but I think the MAP price is around $450.00.

The Z-Point is totally parallax free. Dot size is about 2.5 MOA which is ideal for 50 yards or less for deer sized targets. Killer features on this sight are the infinitely adjustable red dot intensity. If you can see a deer with both eyes open in almost dark situations, the Z-Point's red dot will not over shadow the target unlike rheostat controlled red dot and holo sights where the lowest intensity setting is still too bright. The Z-Point is solar powered and uses a 2032 backup battery. I have one that still has the same battery in it after 24 months of use. It automatically goes to battery power when the sun goes down and shuts itself off automaticallyafter 4 hours continous operation to prevent killing the backup battery should you forget to turn it off after the hunt. One of the neatest fetures IMO is that the Z-Point will lower and birghten the dot intensity automatically after you set the brightness to your choosing. When it starts getting dark the red dot intensity will start dimming automatically so you don't have to go back and do it manually. It does the revese of that in the morning as the sun comes up. It will slowly brighten the red dot automatically. It's water-proof and the optics are second to none. Just pick one up and compare it with any crossbow sights or scopes in very low light conditions in thick cover :-) Yes, I'm sold on it :-)