Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Needin' some help >

Needin' some help

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Needin' some help

Old 05-21-2008, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Needin' some help

Hello all. Crossbows and crossbow hunters are takin quite a pounding over in the bowhunting forum. I know Hotburn and I have been over there tryin to persuade the ignorance of anti-crossbowers. I encourage everyone to wander on over and help fight the good fight!
Old 05-21-2008, 08:26 PM

Default RE: Needin' some help

RC, sometimes debate is good, and you have to realize when it has lost value and nothing good is going to come out of it. I don't mind giving info and debating, but that thread lost it after just a few pages. You need to look at that thread as a good thing IMO. Alot of guys came in said they like CB's or have no problem with them. Only a few guys are on a one track, must showed support.
Old 05-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been on so many XBow vs, Compound threads I am really sick of responding to them, they always seem to turn sour, no matter how they start out. I use all of my weapons and I consider them all archery equipment...and at this point I have been a licensed hunter for 40 years...and I could really give a big rats a** what anyones opinion is on the subject; I just value my own opinion and the opinion of others that see the light on the subject. Don't get me wrong I am ready to go head to head with anyone on the subject, but it is always the same outcome.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:45 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: targethogs

I have been on so many XBow vs, Compound threads I am really sick of responding to them, they always seem to turn sour, no matter how they start out. I use all of my weapons and I consider them all archery equipment...and at this point I have been a licensed hunter for 40 years...and I could really give a big rats a** what anyones opinion is on the subject; I just value my own opinion and the opinion of others that see the light on the subject. Don't get me wrong I am ready to go head to head with anyone on the subject, but it is always the same outcome.
Then go in, make a post and don't look back.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

ORIGINAL: targethogs

Then go in, make a post and don't look back.
What good would that do...its's aindesicive point between both sides, and probably a waste of time.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:49 AM

I'v'e kind of switched gears on debating crossbows with guys that shoot and hunt with compounds. True traditional bowhunters ( I was one until I was about 63 years old) are the only ones IMHO that have any gripe about what's happened to bowhunting equipment over the last 36 years. The compound initially got the same cold shoulder from the hard core traditional recurve and long bow hunters. We knowthe rest of the story. Mechanical compound bows with the tons of gadgets that a bowhunter"NEEDS" [:@] to be successful has had literally no negative affect on the sport of bowhunting and as a matter of fact, could have been the savior of bowhunting in general if, as most of us believe, strength is in numbers. It's ironic that tons of anti-crossbow vitreol is coming from the compound gadget shooters. Go figure!!! They too will get older one day if they are lucky and will see the selfish supidity they were spewing. In the meantime state after state is legalizing crossbows for archery and genereal firearms hunting seasons with absolutely no negative affect on those that think bowhunting season is theirs alonewith the line drawn in the sand as to where THEY think equipment limitations should be. How pitiful! But they are on the losing side with their thinly vailed lies and misrepresentations. More states are are seeing this for what it is. A few hunters trying to dictate to millions of hunters what legal equipmentthey should and shoud not hunt with is a losing battle but their arrogance won't let them see it.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't waste my time talking to people who are not inclined to listen. It's like asking a fly fisherman to use worms.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:42 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

This is amazing!
Old 05-24-2008, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Moonkryket

I'v'e kind of switched gears on debating crossbows with guys that shoot and hunt with compounds. True traditional bowhunters ( I was one until I was about 63 years old) are the only ones IMHO that have any gripe about what's happened to bowhunting equipment over the last 36 years. The compound initially got the same cold shoulder from the hard core traditional recurve and long bow hunters. We knowthe rest of the story. Mechanical compound bows with the tons of gadgets that a bowhunter"NEEDS" [:@] to be successful has had literally no negative affect on the sport of bowhunting and as a matter of fact, could have been the savior of bowhunting in general if, as most of us believe, strength is in numbers. It's ironic that tons of anti-crossbow vitreol is coming from the compound gadget shooters. Go figure!!! They too will get older one day if they are lucky and will see the selfish supidity they were spewing. In the meantime state after state is legalizing crossbows for archery and genereal firearms hunting seasons with absolutely no negative affect on those that think bowhunting season is theirs alonewith the line drawn in the sand as to where THEY think equipment limitations should be. How pitiful! But they are on the losing side with their thinly vailed lies and misrepresentations. More states are are seeing this for what it is. A few hunters trying to dictate to millions of hunters what legal equipmentthey should and shoud not hunt with is a losing battle but their arrogance won't let them see it.

so true...this post tells the story, someday you will get old...and when you do what will ya be hunting with if you still want to fling arrows...this is why I consider all of my equipment archery equipment.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:36 PM

It is kind of dumb for bow shooters to pick on crossbow shooters - who cares? I've shot bows, rifles, pistols, shotguns, machine guns, etc. I see people in SASS dress up and shoot like cowboys (not my thing but it looks cool). So be it - were all shooters and we should be worred and fighting agains the tree huggers who would love to take all our fun away from us. That is - crossbows as well as bows......