HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Needin' some help
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Moonkryket

Default RE: Needin' some help

I'v'e kind of switched gears on debating crossbows with guys that shoot and hunt with compounds. True traditional bowhunters ( I was one until I was about 63 years old) are the only ones IMHO that have any gripe about what's happened to bowhunting equipment over the last 36 years. The compound initially got the same cold shoulder from the hard core traditional recurve and long bow hunters. We knowthe rest of the story. Mechanical compound bows with the tons of gadgets that a bowhunter"NEEDS" [:@] to be successful has had literally no negative affect on the sport of bowhunting and as a matter of fact, could have been the savior of bowhunting in general if, as most of us believe, strength is in numbers. It's ironic that tons of anti-crossbow vitreol is coming from the compound gadget shooters. Go figure!!! They too will get older one day if they are lucky and will see the selfish supidity they were spewing. In the meantime state after state is legalizing crossbows for archery and genereal firearms hunting seasons with absolutely no negative affect on those that think bowhunting season is theirs alonewith the line drawn in the sand as to where THEY think equipment limitations should be. How pitiful! But they are on the losing side with their thinly vailed lies and misrepresentations. More states are are seeing this for what it is. A few hunters trying to dictate to millions of hunters what legal equipmentthey should and shoud not hunt with is a losing battle but their arrogance won't let them see it.