Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 The new N.A.P. NightMare's... >

The new N.A.P. NightMare's...

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

The new N.A.P. NightMare's...

Old 04-04-2008, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The new N.A.P. NightMare's...

Anyone check out the banner ad for these new NAP broadheads?
Since I am going to try a fixed BH this year, I may look into these. They have offset blades...They LOOK mean anyways. I wonder how they fly? They are 100gr. 1 1/4 cutting diamter I think it said....

chris

Old 04-05-2008, 12:00 AM
KLS
Fork Horn

Default RE: The new N.A.P. NightMare's...

I'm not sure what to think about those big fixed blade NAP broadheads anymore...

I tried 125gr NAP thunderheads with my original setup(beman thunderbolts with feathers) and found that they planed pretty bad and wouldnt be anything I would have advised for hunting use, however... I tried them again after I redid my arrows for a higher FOC and was very surprised to see that they consistantly grouped within 1 1/2" at 25 yards with the higher FOC arrows... granted they still planed way beyond acceptable(for me anyway) in any kind of wind, or anything else beyond "perfect" conditions, but they performed a world better than theyoriginally had, to the point that I wouldnt totally rule out using them in a hunting situation, with the right arrow setup anyway...

I use 85gr NAP thunderheads in my alumin arrows though and they have pretty much the "same hole" accuracy as the field tips, very impressive performance...

so, I really dont know what to think about those...
Old 04-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Fork Horn

BuckHunter,

While just about any broadhead on the market today will do the job if it is put in the right spot some are better than others, and the decision is personal one for each hunter. You will find some good reviews and unbiased info at the Archers Edge.

http://thearchersedge.net/speak.html

Bob
Old 04-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

AMEN!