Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 No Crossbow haters >

No Crossbow haters

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

No Crossbow haters

Old 03-23-2008, 04:26 PM
Spike

Default No Crossbow haters

I sure am glad that this site is not about opinions on crossbow hunting. I go to another site and mention crossbows and get 10 responces about why I would hunt with a crossbow. I just want to say THANKS!!!
Old 03-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: No Crossbow haters

the format under the Crossbow heading says it all,welcome lots of great
folks here,what do you shoot,and what have you harvested so far?
Old 03-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

Most people that are Haters toward crossbows don't know anything about crossbows. And when people don't know something about a subject, they tend to look downward on it instead of getting some factual information about it so they can make a rational judgment. You won't find any crossbow haters here. Welcome to the group.
Old 03-24-2008, 12:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Urban Legend

Most people that are Haters toward crossbows don't know anything about crossbows. And when people don't know something about a subject, they tend to look downward on it instead of getting some factual information about it so they can make a rational judgment. You won't find any crossbow haters here. Welcome to the group.
I 2nd that...no XBow haters here...
Old 03-24-2008, 04:09 AM

I agree with BucknCluck, it is nice to find a forum where I am not vilified for hunting with a crossbow. Had neck surgery for a broken vertebrae 10 years back and as a result can no longer pull even a light compound bow. Would have had to give up "Bow" hunting without my Horton "Hunter" and the cocking assist. Am thinking seriously about getting their new "Recon". Saw it at the SHOT Show and it is more compact and supposedly has less noise and vibration than a conventional crossbow. It is also easier to cock than my 175 Hunter due to the reversed limbs. Have taken deer (Whitetail and Mule), hogs, and Javelina so far. Hope to take a Pronghorn later this year.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:53 AM
Fork Horn

Sharpone2, Glad to hear your still out there doing what you love. Welcome to the site.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a recent experience that speaks volumes about how much people misunderstand XB's. A hunter who doesn't shoot any type of bow, commented than my hunting turkey with an XB is "unfair, they are like a rifle." This from a relatively intelligent person (he's a dentist) and hunts a lot. Somehow we need to educate his kind.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

All Cb shooters and owners are welcome here!I love my CB's surely do and then some!
Old 03-24-2008, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

We do some fighting on which xbow is the best here but that's as close as it gets to the nasty stuff. Welcome aboard.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hate crossbows[:@],cost to much[:@],cant deside witch one to use[],makes mespend to much time in woods away from the wife[&o]and gives me another tag to fill[>:]......

What am I saying....I LOVE MY CROSSBOWS...

And WELCOME...........

Quick Reply: No Crossbow haters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.